6' 5" - which rear sets would you recommend?

hawaiian08busa

Registered
I am happy with my busa and how I fit, but the small issue with going from a stop to feet up on the pegs can be a struggle sometimes. I also have occassional mis-shifts from the tight cramped fit on the pegs. Especially if I am wearing my high-top boots. Bulky, but IMO shouldn't get in the way of shifting & braking.
Any recommendations on some rear sets?
Thanks,:beerchug:
Scott

you can adjust your shifter and brake levers for the boots and also you may try removing the rubber and weights from your stock pegs as well then grind the lip down flat thats what I did you can see in my pics...and it will put your foot an inch closer to the ground un cramping your inner thigh a bit, its free to try before you make the big purchase

100_0357.jpg

If they were still around I would have suggested the Cycle Cat rearsets. But since they are done you might find em used or in old stock somewhere? They had the most advertised adjustment of any rearsets I found at the time! I bagged it and went with Buell!

I'm 6'7" and I went with Buell Foot peg mod. About an 8 out of 10 in the comfort rating from the stock pegs.

Hey I am working on these pegs almost done it is taking very long because of other ongoing projects but will post a picture asap. They drop down just about an inch and you screw your stock rubber on them they are made out of billet Alum give me a chance to post a picture in the next day or so. I will be setting a machine up to run them I figure somewhere around 100 bucks and they will be worth it totally machined out of solid billet 7075

peg.jpg

Just so you know this is the prototype I printed it in our 3dprinter Objet just to make sure everything is correct before wasteing time on the machine and so far as you can see it is going good. I do want to get some input on the 7/8" down offset is that enough? It clears the pipe no problem and I may be able to get more offset but think it is good enough all it will do is lower your foot 7/8"

6'5-6 depending on which 7-11 I rob, but buell pegs here to, best back for the buck over custom rearsets..

Took a few days to get used to, but excellent choice

I'm 6'5" too, with size 14 stompers. I did the Buell peg mod, and it helped alot. When I got my AlpineStar boots, the thinner sole made shifting much easier than thick sole work type boots. The combination of the two, and getting the shift and brake levers adjusted right, did the trick.

:whistle:

Get the Vortex Rearsets-I use'em. so does Shaq.
if TWO awesome famous guys aint enuf endorsement:laugh: I dont know what else to say...

6'7", sz. 15s (Icon makes 14s that'll work, otherwise your best bet is Astars or Sidi, just FYI) you can move the Vortex r.sets all over the place, and the solid pegs dont transmit too much vibration thru'em if you wear real boots, not some Doc Martens or a pair of Vans...my two favorite comfort mods to the bike are the TObin seat and the Vortex rearsets-I can sit much more upright riding and my legs arent bunched up underneath me anymore...o yeah did I mention you can custom-order extended levers to push the toe-lever peg out another 1"-1.5" (thank Shaq for those) that will help you ALOT with those mis-shifts from not bein able to fit your clod-hoppers in b/w those teeny pegs.

Dont feel bad, bro-these bikes werent built for the BIG boys...but damnd if I'll let alla little guys have all tha fun with these things either!:moon:

BusaPics 061.JPG

Hey I am working on these pegs almost done it is taking very long because of other ongoing projects but will post a picture asap. They drop down just about an inch and you screw your stock rubber on them they are made out of billet Alum give me a chance to post a picture in the next day or so. I will be setting a machine up to run them I figure somewhere around 100 bucks and they will be worth it totally machined out of solid billet 7075
very cool!! I remember you asking for project ideas and am glad to picked this one up... :agree: let me know when you have a set ready to go.. I would just like a crosshatch on mine without any mounting for pads etc..

Do you have access to any FEA software or have you already run it? Friends in low places that sort of thing:laugh:? The 90 degree corner looks like it would be the weak link there but that is just based off one picture you provided. Keep at it I'd like to see the finished part.

Just so you know this is the prototype I printed it in our 3dprinter Objet just to make sure everything is correct before wasteing time on the machine and so far as you can see it is going good. I do want to get some input on the 7/8" down offset is that enough? It clears the pipe no problem and I may be able to get more offset but think it is good enough all it will do is lower your foot 7/8"

Im 6'8 and size 16 ski's and i have the buel peg mod. It seems to fit me fine. I only wish I could find some good ridding boots???.

Do you have access to any FEA software or have you already run it? Friends in low places that sort of thing:laugh:? The 90 degree corner looks like it would be the weak link there but that is just based off one picture you provided. Keep at it I'd like to see the finished part.

There is no 90 degree corner you just can not see the radious in the picture Yeah I have solid works and have stress tested this it is fine made of 7075 would take a whole lot to break a whole lot. I can extend these or as asked just do a cross hatch for grip that will give a much larger offset the 7/8" it will be more like 1.25" for larger feet I can come up with one that is a little longer.

Lots of good advice here I see... I went with the Buell set-up and love it (6'5" as well)

just 6'3" size 13 :whistle:, but buel peg is a saver (i believe gxsr1300 selling those kits). 5 min to install. (not sure about member name gxsr1300):thumbsup:

Back