Rear Sets Question for my 2010

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get rid of my factory rearsets, as I still have the factory ones. One thing I am struggling with is which ones to go with, and here's the reason why.. I am using a cycletek air shifter that is mounted on the engine mount bolt (like it should be) and I want to ensure that the rearsets that I get, I can mount the bottom of the ram to the shift lever. The vortex ones are "ventilated" perse and I can't mount the ram to it. I still want to have the pegs in the factory position as it is comfortable for me on the streets as well.

I use the bike on the drag strip mostly, but don't put my feet on the pegs. Any help or suggestions with experience would help. Thanks a bunch!!!

most rear sets are up / back of OEM peg position . Not all of them but most . You could do a direct shift mod then it wont mater what brand rear set you chose .

Just wondering if you like the factory position and the way your air shift hooks up, why change them?

Honestly....because they look like junk with all the rest of the mods I've done to the bike...lol. Every time I see a pic from the track, or that someone took at a show, they stand out in the picture like they don't belong. I always said I'd go functional and not worry about asthetics, but now that I'm done functional and this is standing out... I need to do something about it...lol

most rear sets are up / back of OEM peg position . Not all of them but most . You could do a direct shift mod then it wont mater what brand rear set you chose .

Cancel that. found it...

Honestly....because they look like junk with all the rest of the mods I've done to the bike...lol. Every time I see a pic from the track, or that someone took at a show, they stand out in the picture like they don't belong. I always said I'd go functional and not worry about asthetics, but now that I'm done functional and this is standing out... I need to do something about it...lol

:thumbsup: I can understand that.

Thanks Blackmax. Any chance we could get a pic? I take it you just drilled the shift lever?

Back