500 mile road trip to the Green Swamp.

What gps app you use my Magellen stops working in yehaw junction to I always wondered if maybe the Zumo wouldn't loose a signal.

Newman yes it was. I has mis matches Parts and has the cap to secure it but that was the wrong one. I needed the threaded ring to secure nozzle on can once flipped around for use :banghead:
I cut one of the water bottles open and used it as a funnel. Got most in and didn't spill a drop but I was cussing there for a bit until my Maguyver mode kicked it.

Manny I'm using MotionPro gps on my iPhone as well as Cyclemeter. Maybe the two running concurrently messed it up? I'm still tryin to figure out how to create a route with it as I had just pinned like twelve points based on the map. The map in the link gives no real idea so I sat up comparing it to google map on my pc.
Told myself 'that's got to be it' just based on position and curvature of the guide map. So I saved some things like a local pd dept or a local cemetery or a local church. Marked these as point 1, point 2 and so on. Would just navigate to P1 and then when I got there nav to P2. Only I only got to P3 before things got all messed up. So like I said I knew I had to get north and over so basically just Daniel Booned it and worked my way up. I was actually close to P5 but as mentioned I still had another two hours at least to come down west side and then back up. First half wasn't impressive and I didn't think that heaven awaitede on the other side so I came home.
Ahhh no real twisties and no sweepers, least not where I rode but hey I had a good day on the bike.
Next time for that kinda mileage it's No Name pub for Pizza in the Keys :beerchug:

Cyclemeter stores the ride you take and splits each mile usually, so I wanted to store that as kinda like a trophy that I completed my task but as you see in link for some reason it clumped all the miles together?

But the MotionPro gps app for iPhone is awesome. It works perfectly and gote from here to the bash without a single wrong turn. It also let's you listen to music while routing. Then it will cut out tunes and say 'please
Proceed blah blah blah' and then cut music back in. Worked beautifully going to Nc.

Strange thing is I had four bars and full signal and could make calls just no gps?
That's why I thought something was screwey?

I have two personal thank yous to make.

One again to Tim from Pashnit for the throttlemeisters. Without them the trip would have been difficult.
And the other to PaulC for the bags. At first I was like these little straps ain't holdin squat but i hit solid triple digits for a few hrs up and back, 140 or so passing a few Aholes that wouldn't move over and they didn't move at all. My Only complaint is the turbulence between my back and tailbag kept pushing my jacket up?
Not too mention every time I'd pass someone they could see what I was carrying but it bothered the heck out of me having my jacket all bunched up. I know it will be backward but I'm gonna flip it around to have low side forward to see if it kills the turbulence? If not I don't know? But anyway if anyone is looking at bags these NelsonRigg ones are great and solid, have now been speed tested by Blanca and have gained the stamp of approval :laugh:

I am getting around same MPG as you in normal TPK riding. Going to head to Key largo today Card Sound Roadstop by Alabama Jacks for some conch chowder.

Next time you are just gonna have to do it old school - and use a map instead :)

MasterBlaster at regular speeds I get around 45mpg but yesterday got only 34. Guess that's the difference between 4k rpms and 7 :)

Skydivr what's a map? I have one in my power commander but don't see how that would apply?
I've heard about them though. Isn't that what Columbus and TeamGixxer used to discover America with?

Few vids going up east side...

Rockridge road to preserve entrance

Second half of Rockridge road going to Green pond road

Green pond road up to sr50

Not to change topics here Blanca but, I dont know if you are running that long cable for a reason or you'll be better with a short one Like I got. Anyways........... You can get the short ones on eBay..........

image-2764192717.jpg

Back