5 inch extended arm, bike won't hook.

Thanks lankeeyankee. I really can't mess with the preload, I ride two up too much. Really don't want to adjust it every time......

Thanks lankeeyankee. I really can't mess with the preload, I ride two up too much. Really don't want to adjust it every time......

Well then your going to continue to spin with a 5+
If you cant adjust the preload then settle with the dampings... Soft compression slow rebound. Also not sure if your front end is strapped / lowered or not but if it is, release the front and raise it up to the stock height. You have to allow the suspension to work if your extended, Front raise transfers weight to the rear, the rear squats and the tire plants. if not you will do a burn out show with each and every pass burning up tires faster then your ET

yeah, took the strap off, it helped some, but not much. I think I'll probably just put the stock arm back on and deal with the front coming up in first and second while being able to enjoy it on the street with my girl.

I was stretched +8" and it didn't spin. I hooked pretty well. Your tire is not helping you at all. You really need a shinko or another sticky tire when drag racing.

Its one or the other. The Hook up tire or at minimum the pre- load on the shock. I'm stretched more than you and hook like glue!:thumbsup:

Soften the compression and adjust your rebound to where it comes up slowly. Get on Brock's website and watch the video about setting up the drag shock. Running a stock shock it won't be quite the same but it will get you pretty close. I would switch out your tire before going back to the stock swingarm. If you still spin loosen your preload a little bit but not enough to where it would affect it if you rode 2 up.

My bike I stretched 6 1/2" as it sits right now. Some of the reason you may be spinning is inadequate track prep. Make sure you are lining up in the tire tracks of the cars and not on the shiny part of the track.

Thanks for all the help guys, I took the arm off and put the factory one back on. For what I do it's best this way. The arm and brake line will be up for sale.

O man just get a tire first the shinko is cheap around 120 ...Im 12 over with 300 hp I hook at the track get a tire and try it you may even have to run 10 psi on the street to hook but it should be fine my last bike was stock other than exhaust it was 8 over and I could tack it up to 11 grand and stand it straight up

Back