5 inch extended arm, bike won't hook.

nitro71455

Registered
Hey all, just as the tittle says. I put an extended arm on its only 5 inches.
The bike won't hook now, I had no issues with hooking before, if anything always had to much traction.
Any advice on what to do before I just put the stock arm back on and live with 1.70 60's?

Pilot Power 2CT I presume? There's your problem. Even a non 2CT won't hook at 5 over. I would recommend a Shinko Hookup if you are mostly drag, and a Michelin Power One if you ride on the street. Looking at the Michelin website recently I wonder about the Power Cup.

Suspension set up. Did you just extend the bike, or did you make other changes ?

Add a picture of the stretch. No advice, just want to see the setup I may go back!

PB1 Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

do you have a clutch mod? is your clutch slipping off the line properly? is your clutch grabbing or bucking?

You need to work on the suspension and get a good tire. Rear shock at least needs to be resprung.

Don't know if this is Gen1 or Gen2, but depending on rider weight a Gen2 shock will work ok stock. Just adjust for min compression dampening and max rebound. Make sure it doesn't have a rediculous amount of sag.

Your not gonna hook with that tire. You need either a Shinko Hook Up or a Shinko U-soft (Stealth). My bike is 65" which is think is 7" over and it hooks great with a U-soft.

Adjust your suspension and switch your tire to either a Power One or the Shinko Hookup. You will get more mph out of the Power One but it is a little more expensive. I'm able to run 25 psi at my local track without spinning at all and could probably go up another pound or two and still be ok.

Adjust your suspension and switch your tire to either a Power One or the Shinko Hookup. You will get more mph out of the Power One but it is a little more expensive. I'm able to run 25 psi at my local track without spinning at all and could probably go up another pound or two and still be ok.

Hey Fiend and All,

Finally at the PC and not using my phone. Fiend are you streached? if so how much?

My bike is a 2nd Gen. It's a bit frustrating because I was able to launch as hard as I wanted to and didn't have any spinning issues until I moved the tiire back a few inches.

From a shock setting standpoint, where's a good starting point? I have two wheels, I may try a different dire, I do ride to the track it's about a 100 miles round trip. Which tire would be best factoring this in in your guys opinion?

Thanks for all the advice. I may end up putting the stock arm back on it.. not 100% at this point.

--Rich

Back