4 inch extended swing arm + easy install

04LE

Registered
Just wanted to show off an easy way to change out the swingarm for people. As well as show off my new look.

So my buddy and I both put the same arm on. Pics of the install are his bike. But we just took out the rubber mounts for the exhaust and then took a 4 foot pole at first right through that (after rear wheel was off from being lifted with rear stand). Then used 2 jack stands on either side. The long pole kept the stands away from being in out way. Ran into some issues and called it a night. So one of us lifted up the rear while the other slid a smaller in length pole in the same holes. moved the jackstands to the inside (where wheel would be) and then put the stands on a moving platform to push the bike to the side of the garage. Enjoy!

IMG955169.jpg

20140410_211145.jpg

20140410_211153.jpg

20140421_191414.jpg

A place in North Carolina that I wouldn't recommend. The swingarm used on my bike had the rear caliper bracket welded upside down. Their excuse was of we forgot to cut the lip, we do that so you can use it on gen1 and 2 busas.

And my buddies arm the powercoat was scratched a good bit. They left a broken bearing where the shock mounts. That was a pain to get out.

And overall it took them about a month when they said 2 weeks turnaround.

Cost was 575 and then 40 extra to have the spool mounts cut and welded back. Shipping was covered by them back.

A place in North Carolina that I wouldn't recommend. The swingarm used on my bike had the rear caliper bracket welded upside down. Their excuse was of we forgot to cut the lip, we do that so you can use it on gen1 and 2 busas.

And my buddies arm the powercoat was scratched a good bit. They left a broken bearing where the shock mounts. That was a pain to get out.

And overall it took them about a month when they said 2 weeks turnaround.

Oh wow that's too bad on the experience and price. They do look good tho, good thing you made it work.

Back