4th/5th gear dynorun

OB_Johnnycheese

Registered
Finally had time to get my dyno run.
there is a big differance if you use 4th or 5th gear,due to the mapping of Suzuki.
dynorun#2:152.3rph/96.0 torque
that was 4th gear after warmup
dynorun#5:156.7/99.4torque
#5 was with the bike in 5th gearafter warm up.
This a 99 bone a** stock bike except for the Suzuki center stand

Hey Johnny, how much more rwHP do you think the ram air adds to the dyno peak figure if you were running the bike in 5th at the peak rpm shown by the dyno(156.9 vs ?)?
Just curious!

Johnny,

How consistant were the pulls?? Also did you try jumpering the diag plug to see a difference. I've noticed while adj TPS or synch throttle bodies that connecting/disconnecting Diag jumper changes idle speed noticably....Must be changing map.

Dave

Valklex; I don't understand the Question.

Dave I did not try it in the mode setting
I did have the selector tool with me but I already checked t.p.s. and body snych. before I went.

I went over to friend's saturday that has a dyno and we did 27 run's, he told me if the bike is six speed you check it in fifth. If it is a five speed, you check it in fourth.

It all depends on how the dyno is rated.
After the 5th gear runs we smoked the brakes on the dyno wheel to the point we had to stop .
I was going to check the HP differance of CR9E and CR9EK plugs maybe next time

Johnny, basically how much more HP does the ram air add if you were running the bike at the peak hp at xxx mph on the road instead of on the dyno drum.
That plug test sounds interesting. I ordered the CR9EVX and I hope I wasn't ripped off by the NGK guy teaching me out of the EK's; I didn't ask my dealer how much they cost, but I can bet you they'll be more expensive than the EK's.
JC

When I was working for a Kawa. dealer and was running my '90ZX11,Kaw. told me it was approx.10-12% increase.Anyone have access to Yoshi's Dyno I think it compensates for ram air?

Back