$.45 cruise control

I got mine at Harbor Freight for .020 a piece. Of course i bought a bunch of them. I have had to replace mine once in 4500 miles

Thank you so much, this is as good as the free license bracket or hi_gains tre mod. some smart cookies on this site.
bowdown.gif

Take your bar end off and slip it inside, get another small o ring and put it on the screw inside. It works!!!! You will be able to twist the bar end just like throttle meister and no o ring to mess with. Just twist to lock and twist to unlock, and your bar end can't fall off thanks to second o ring. Works on gen 1 or gen2 Busas

Take your bar end off and slip it inside, get another small o ring and put it on the screw inside. It works!!!! You will be able to twist the bar end just like throttle meister and no o ring to mess with. Just twist to lock and twist to unlock, and your bar end can't fall off thanks to second o ring. Works on gen 1 or gen2 Busas
Sorry, I didn`t get it.. Can you illustrate it with pics please.

you mean a smaller o-ring than the 1-1/16th (inside the bar end)??

+2......im lost on that one too
dunno.gif

+2......im lost on that one too
dunno.gif
Please post pics of what you mean. I think I know but not totally sure.

ok on the gen 2 there is a plasitic washer on the inside of the bar end, get rid of it. If you are working on gen 1, just take your bar end off, unscrew bar end screw. Put a oring on the inside on round plastic part of throttle handle, put a small o ring on the screw inside bar end and hold oring in place while you tighten the bar end. If you tighten the bar end all the way, the throttle will lock, if you loosen just a little bit, it will release just like throttle meister. The bar end can spin a little but CAN'T come off because of second o ring. The second oring is small enough to fit tight on screw.

I took pics of the oring in place and then unscrewed it a bit, these are cell phone pics, so bear with me.

Pic on:

IMG00226.jpg

Here is unscrewed pic:

Trying to show the small o ring, not sure if you can see it:

IMG00228.jpg

If you can see the plastic part sticking out off the throttle , that is where the Oring sits on, will not fall off , is inside the bar end, and no messing with a o ring driving down the road, just turn bar end and you are good to go.
beerchug.gif

Here is the place you put other o ring, I cant put it on, hold bar end, hold o ring in place and take picture, so here is the naked part that the o ring will have to be large enough to fit on. It should fit really tight.

IMG00231.jpg

Back