410 miles 5 stops 12 hours...what a ride!

Dr E

Donating Member
Registered
How can a person put into words when they have experienced the finest day of riding they have ever had in their life? I think the only way to do it is with some description and lots of pictures. Yesterday I had the chance to ride with someone who I had only spoken to the day before. He posted up looking for someone to ride with him to Lewiston Idaho for the afternoon. By the end of the day (410 miles 5 stops and 12 hours later) I not only had a friend...but found out he had connections back to my family!

How was this ride the best ever? out of the 410 miles of riding 120 were straight or semi straight...the rest were miles of unrestricted wide open run like you stole it corners taking us from mountain tops to valley bottoms. From snowy fields to sun baked rivers.

If you have Google earth, travel to these places to follow this route:

Before Joseph you take Lewiston Highway which is SR3 to SR129 (which those last set of twisties is Asotin grade) to Hwy 12 and then to SR 128. At the end of my post is a set of twisties that is legendary...the Spiral Highway. This highway while designed in the day to get trucks and cars up a grade before the main highway.

However, I believe God himself knew that there would be a day when high performance motorcycles would be built and they would need a playground to go to. My pictures are overlapping and if they are photshoped together would at a minimum display some of the breadth and depth of this road. Please use Google earth to follow this actual road (Spiral Highway Idaho). They last picture is on the way home.

The route took us from the Tri Cities, through Walla Walla, Elgin, Joseph, Asotin, Lewiston, Clarkston, Dayton, Waitsburg and back home.

What a day, what a ride and it is even better when you get to share it with someone who has the same passion for riding as ones self.

DSC01717 (Small).JPG

DSC01744 (Small).JPG

DSC01746 (Small).JPG

DSC01747 (Small).JPG

DSC01751 (Small).JPG

DSC01772 (Small).JPG

DSC01792 (Small).JPG

DSC01798 (Small).JPG

DSC01802 (Small).JPG

DSC01815 (Small).JPG

Alright, I'm moving north. Thanks for firing me up for my 2 week tour starting June 3rd, great inspirational shots! Raydog

Very nice pics, looks like fun, just got off the B-King about 30 minutes ago from a 322 mile 5.5 hour ride, only stops (3 for gas).

Eric I’m jealous!!!! Wow, nice scenery and roads. Thanks for the photos it gives me something to look at being I am stuck home.

This is just a taste of the roads that are up here. Off the beaten path, the State highway systems have some of the most incredible roads know to motorcycles. Built during a time when you followed the land to climb elevation rather then just blasting through a hill and going straight up.

Google Earth the Maryhill Loop!

This is where a lot of commercials for bikes, cars, trucks and collector car clubs are shot on this road. It is a public road but can be closed for private runs.

Alright, I'm moving north. Thanks for firing me up for my 2 week tour starting June 3rd, great inspirational shots! Raydog

Back