Got 200 miles in....

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
Got to ride 200 miles today, first time I got to stretch the bikes legs in awhile. A lot of it was highway, so that stank, but still riding! I have new respect for iron butt riders, my stock seat is coming to the end of its existence on my bike, New Image here I come.

Is good to ride and get to know the bike again, been awhile.

Anyone else get out?

200 miles is just warming up, even with a stock seat. 250 to 300 miles is a fun afternoon with friends. :poke:

Congrats and getting the bike out for a while. :beerchug:

Got to ride 200 miles today, first time I got to stretch the bikes legs in awhile. A lot of it was highway, so that stank, but still riding! I have new respect for iron butt riders, my stock seat is coming to the end of its existence on my bike, New Image here I come.

Anyone else get out?

Congrats, bro! That's just an awesome read right there! :beerchug:

Anyone else get out?

I dd about 60 miles today in SoCal, trying to adjust to new riding gear, and I too have a new respect for those who have ridden all those miles.:beerchug:
Keep riding safe,
Bubba

i did 416mi today from Palo Duro Canyon TX. to Paris. it is good to ride and get to know your machine better! found out mine is a horny cow, now named Bessie, yesterday!
now get on out there and ride. the highway can be your road to a new type of sagebrush. get to know it and make it yours. (both the highway and your bike)

Last edited:
i was just thinking about your ironbutt comment.
i did 815mi last Wednesday Casper to Albuquerque and im still paying for it!
unless you have something to prove to yourself or you have amazing neck and back muscles......DON'T DO IT!:rofl:
it was all day 8am-1:30am my gps says 15hrs, seems like forever. and it was cold too, low 50s. i didn't have anything to prove, just friends to see, and i wanted to see them REAL BAD.

that reminds me..time to take more Tylenol.

Last edited:
so jealous of all you guys being able to get out in ride, here in montana we had a mini-blizard complete with 12ft snow drifts on friday...

Anyone else get out?

Congrats on getting some seat time.:beerchug::beerchug:

I had the same problem with the stock seat the first 2-3 days that I got her. I went and did about 300+ miles and my behind was sore until I got the Corbin seat. Now, I can ride all day and still smile at the end of the day.

weather not to good here this weekend , not been out on mine for some time now .

300 is the most i done in a day. 815 miles all credit to you :thumbsup:

oh and sleepless red more appropriate i think :rofl:

oh and sleepless red more appropriate i think :rofl:

Thanks, delbert. I think so, too. I went out this morning at 4:00 but only lasted like 30 minutes because it started raining 15 minutes after I left the house so I just turned around and decided to spend time on here.

Last edited:
i was just thinking about your ironbutt comment.
i did 815mi last Wednesday Casper to Albuquerque and im still paying for it!
unless you have something to prove to yourself or you have amazing neck and back muscles......DON'T DO IT!:rofl:
it was all day 8am-1:30am my gps says 15hrs, seems like forever. and it was cold too, low 50s. i didn't have anything to prove, just friends to see, and i wanted to see them REAL BAD.

that reminds me..time to take more Tylenol.

This happened to me before....if I haven't exercised for atleast a week or 2, (like when we go on vacation) it's hard to do long distance rides. It's not the seat.....it's because I'm out of shape. I bike a lot and it really helps but if I stop for a while, it's really hard for me to ride long distance. But if I stay on my exercise routine, I can do......
2702021929_f6f45e4c77_m.jpg

and still smile at the end of the day. It's the longest ride I've ever done since I bought her in September of '07. I've done lots of 400-500+ miles in a day but so far, that was my longest.

Good on you, I got in about 190 miles yesterday. The pics are of my only rest stop at a little mobile snack bar in Lincolnshire.

006.jpg

002.jpg

Back