3D Busa Pic

I've seen it before but it's not bad. The guy who made it posts here under scooterlord. He posted up wantin' to sell the 3d "model" but nobody bit for what he thought it was worth.

Here is the pic as an attachment if you can see it this way...

3dbusa.jpg

Just sifted through the rest of that thread and there are some AWESOME renders of the busa in there!
super.gif

yeah scooterlord tried selling it here. haven’t seen much of him since.

Anyway. I didn’t want to hurt the guys feelings or anything, nice work an all. But I have absolutely zero need for it.

If I were into remodeling the Busa I would think about paying for a baseline graphic model that I could use to tweak on and stretch and manipulate. However on the other hand, if I could take someone else’s work tow tweak, I could probably just make it from scratch myself.

I guess the bottom line is me having the model in any capacity would not benefit me in any way.

I will again however give the guy a thumbs up for his work. He does seem to have a good talent that I have no doubt will serve him well in life.

If I remember right I think he is currently going to college in Greece and this was one of this class projects.. (I think)

Stuff like this can be really good for trying new paint jobs or fairing designs before plopping down thousands of $$$. Easy to make digital changes, relatively speaking.

Thanks BulletTrain! Great picture. That guy has some serious skills. I'm still trying to figure out how to use "auto-shapes"!
laugh.gif

Thanks BulletTrain! Great picture. That guy has some serious skills. I'm still trying to figure out how to use "auto-shapes"!
laugh.gif
No problem. There are a lot more great shots in that thread that you should check out when you're not surfin' from work and can see 'em. Here's another. I resized it to fit the forum window better. Sweet rendering!

3dbusa2.jpg

HE SHOULD TALK TO ZUK AND SELL IT TO THEM
I would imagine that zuk has tons of models and renderings made by the R&D team. Not Knockin' scooterlord's abilities or results, I'm just pretty sure zuk's team has all the digital modeling they need of the busa. They prolly have clay models that are accurate down to the texture of the friggin' seat cover and 3D computer maps of every single piece on the busa by now.
rock.gif

well, heh!
smile.gif
here i am... first of all I have a set of new HUGE renders in my site:

http://scdesigns.port5.com

direct links are:

http://scdesigns.port5.com/hayabusa-2400x1800.jpg
http://scdesigns.port5.com/hayabusa-1692x2121.jpg

now, about the commenting some of you guys did. First of all I modeled this because a) I love busa, b) I love modeling c) I added experience to my modeling skills plus it could give me an opportunity to get some work IF needed and i am positive i am up to it.

as the model was discussed with 3d experts, it is so VERY detailed that is useless even for film making, since all this detail wouldn't be paid for. that was not my purpose though, explained already what i did it for. but why not give it away for customizing since i already did it? it could give some serious photorealistic re-presentations of the real thing. just watch your busa for a detail and then check it up on the model. it's there.

Even so detailed and with REDUCED price so that it could, uhm, exist as a product available to buy it was costed by 3d experts for 3000-5000k. I know it sound ridiculously high, but that's what i was told. Of course i had no intention on selling this to everyone, although i could make some special offer for ehm... 'home use'.

as for thraserfox. hey, I didn't force anyone to buy it. You think you would have been in need of a base model? sure, i can give it to you if you PAY for the base model. i didn't complain, i didn't say i would sell it in full. 'make this model from scratch?' sure, be my guest
smile.gif
I spent 6 months of 8-hour every day work to achieve this result. if you think you are up to it, go on
smile.gif
not easy work at all, thus that's why i won't give away my swearing, breaking-my-head-how-to-do-this-or-that for free.

someone before mentioned about giving this to a customizing company. I agree, this was a really cool idea, tried some but with no result. don't care though
smile.gif
I am happy with my creation - actually, what gives me most pleasure in life is the recognition of my hard work and riding the busa
smile.gif

as for the model now, it's fully customizable, i can model and add or remove stuff from the bike, you can custom paint it, you can put stickers on, you can chrome the whole thing. not a bad idea huh?
smile.gif
I also include a couple of temp-renders with a custom color.

oh, and yes, i am in Greece but my studies have nothing to do with 3d. i JUST finished x-rays medicine, getting owth (is it called this?) this thursday.

I want to thank everyone for their kind works and thumbs up though
smile.gif
really enjoying it!

hayabusa_fire2.jpg

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

Now THAT is BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eek2.gif
super.gif

post-6-32627-hayabusa_fire2.jpg

I don't think... (in fact I know!) that thrasher didn't mean to make light of your work, man. In fact he went overboard tryin' to do just the opposite in my opinion. The long winded bastid don't know when to stop!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, let me say again, your 3D work on the busa is AWESOME! $3k-$5k is not NEAR enough for the time you put into this. You may never sell it but you should be VERY proud of it. I think you are. I would be...
wink.gif

i did my best!
smile.gif
I think the busa deserves it
smile.gif
I tried to keep it accurate when i started it, so i remodeled a whole bunch of stuff again and again until i was satisfied with em. that's what kept me going on and on till i had it all done as detailed as possible and as accurate as possible. atm i am rendering a top clamp HUGE render (2400x1800) has consumed about 150 hours of rendering so far (i ultra detailed this one) so, be ready to get new renders soon!
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

i did my best!
smile.gif
I think the busa deserves it
smile.gif
I tried to keep it accurate when i started it, so i remodeled a whole bunch of stuff again and again until i was satisfied with em. that's what kept me going on and on till i had it all done as detailed as possible and as accurate as possible. atm i am rendering a top clamp HUGE render (2400x1800) has consumed about 150 hours of rendering so far (i ultra detailed this one) so, be ready to get new renders soon!
smile.gif
I'll look forward to seein' them. Don't forget to post up links here when you're done with 'em.
wink.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

just to keep you busy, here is a bit 'older' render of the clamps, gauges 'n' stuff. not all details can be seen though
smile.gif

busa_gauges.jpg

Back