300mm rear tire off center.....need opinions PLEASE!!!!

Yeah tell me about it! The one solution I did was to space out the sprocket with washers so the the tire stayed centered. I was thinking that this may compromise the bolts though...What do you think?

Id worry about washers, leaves room for road debris to get in the hub, but a spacer plate wouldnt bother me. May cost a few bucks to get it made, but certainly not $800. Pull the bolts out to make sure thier long enough and still get a good bite too.

Id worry about washers, leaves room for road debris to get in the hub, but a spacer plate wouldnt bother me. May cost a few bucks to get it made, but certainly not $800. Pull the bolts out to make sure thier long enough and still get a good bite too.

I've ridden about 5,000 miles with the sprocket bumped out and nothing has gotten into the hub. It just bothers me that I have to bump out the sprocket like that.....The bolts are in the hub plenty with the sprocket bumped out. Does anyone else not like the bumped out sprocket idea?

yes this is exzactly what i ment. That will give you what you need on your chain left to right.

Im sure that a rear sprocket spacer could be made to look good, and certainly be better than the rear wheel offset.

Get er done !

Ive had 2 sprokets done in the last few years. you can have them made by any company that does swing arm kits or machine shop fot like $100 to $200 easy. I started with the 330 then moved to the single sided 360 and i have had sprokets made for both of them.

sounds like you've got the wrong size jackshaft. Maybe they gave you a jack shaft for a 360 vs. 300...

You've got the wrong jackshaft. Call ATC and talk to Daniel about a new jackshaft. The tire should not be off center. Please don't go to tractor supply and try to make your on. It won't hold up!

I think it is amusing that you wonder how an offset tire will affect handling....on a stretched and fattied busa.....:whistle:

LOL......don't be mad, in your post you asked for opinions....you didn't say what kind!!

honestly, I feel that's a hack job that reflects poorly on the"fatty kit". The time should be taken to match the components properly. The consumer should be the one who has to do this.
I've ridden about 5,000 miles with the sprocket bumped out and nothing has gotten into the hub. It just bothers me that I have to bump out the sprocket like that.....The bolts are in the hub plenty with the sprocket bumped out. Does anyone else not like the bumped out sprocket idea?

for what these things cost....it should be well engineered. are there two wheel spacers?

There are spacers on either side of the jackshaft that I had to have made. I had them made out of steel on a CNC machine....

honestly, I feel that's a hack job that reflects poorly on the"fatty kit". The time should be taken to match the components properly. The consumer should be the one who has to do this.

I agree that this was a hack job. My friend told me that the extended arm was made for the 07 busa but that it would fit and be fine on an 08. He put it on and had no trouble. When I changed the front chain though, that's when I noticed that the entire jackshaft and chains were not aligned......but the tire was centered.

Does anyone know if there's a difference of center of the motor sprocket from an 07 to an 08?

no there is not any difference in the output sprocket from gen 1 to gen 2. as stated, I think its either the wrong jackshaft or there is just somethin silly goin on with the arm. I dunno which one I would lean more towards to. I would 100% get with a reputable person that builds big booty kits and get there opinion and I personally would save my $$$ and buy a 300 arm from one of them, I know they are high but this aint a place to be playin games and cutting corners. Alot of company's wont sell there jackshaft unless you have there arm already, and they generally run in the $300 or a little less neighborhood. your gonna end up spending more money trying to get this set up half a@# right or spending $ on replacing chains, sprockets and jackshafts all the time at minimum, I wish you luck with it, hopefully it will work out for you, just dont kill yourself tryin to save a couple hundred bucks.

Back