2nd gear wheelies

gsx1300Rrr

Registered
I have a completely stock hayabusa with slip on cans and a Gipro (which functions as a gear indicator and smart TRE) I have about 19,000 on the engine and it is healthy as a hog. Heere is the question. How the hell do you get the front wheel of the ground in second without using the clutch?? I have experimented all over the place with it at so many different speeds. The front just won't come up. The bike is healthy enough to beat an 05 cbr1000rr and 02 R1 very consistantly from a 80mph roll ons so I dont think it is a issue of loss power. Any ideas?

Never done a 2nd (that would be a high speed one), but a 43t rear sprocket would help for starters. Try sitting your @ss all the way back in the seat, run at about 6-7k close throttle then slam WOT with a slight pull.
rock.gif
?

My '06 has HMF full (dual) exhaust, power commander, TRE, K&N and 43 tooth rear sprocket and at the 4-6000 rpm range, I still need to close the throttle then slam it wide open and pull up/back a little to do a second gear wheelie. I weigh 225 lbs too!

same here its easy get the rpm's up to say 6500 7000 sit back and open and close the throttle fast while pulling up it will go mine is a 2007 with 16000 miles on it. Of course it is the faster red one though.

at ~80 MPH, roll off throttle and then slam it back on.

Here's BSrigley doing several:

Last edited by a moderator:
i can pull a wheelie in 2nd by riding hard shift outa first at like 9500 and go right back to full throttle it will come right up on my bike trust me.

I have a completely stock hayabusa with slip on cans and a Gipro (which functions as a gear indicator and smart TRE) I have about 19,000 on the engine and it is healthy as a hog.  Heere is the question. How the hell do you get the front wheel of the ground in second without using the clutch??  I have experimented all over the place with it at so many different speeds. The front just won't come up.  The bike is healthy enough to beat an 05 cbr1000rr and 02 R1 very consistantly from a 80mph roll ons so I dont think it is a issue of loss power.  Any ideas?
Simply go up teeth on your back sprocket.I frequently ride stand ups through 3rd gear. I cant figure out how to get he bike to quit waving at high speeds.I got real lucky 3 wks ago doing a standup in 3rd b/c some how the filter came off my crank case hose and oil blew everywhere for a while(which I didnt know, so rear tire and brakes were soaked in oil). I thought my buddies were telling me to stop b/c they saw the po po or something. Just be careful if you start riding fast wheelies though!!!!

I have a completely stock hayabusa with slip on cans and a Gipro (which functions as a gear indicator and smart TRE) I have about 19,000 on the engine and it is healthy as a hog.  Heere is the question. How the hell do you get the front wheel of the ground in second without using the clutch??  I have experimented all over the place with it at so many different speeds. The front just won't come up.  The bike is healthy enough to beat an 05 cbr1000rr and 02 R1 very consistantly from a 80mph roll ons so I dont think it is a issue of loss power.  Any ideas?
Stock busas are anti-wheelie pigs.....too long and front heavy. They're meant to stay down and accelerate
winkold.gif
If you drop the gearing though it'll make it a LOT easier
thumb_up.gif
Then clutch or 7 grand chop and drop will work just fine.

Also never had a problem stock. Its easier to use the clutch. YES, its faster speed BUT, it wont come up as fast as the lower gearing or 1st gear. It is more controlable then. GEt moving about 65 70 andtap the clutch with a little jerk and body movment to the rear nad it should come up.
OR hard throttle from first and grab second and then third. Be careful when the wheel comes down. It leaves a big black patck like a plane landing.
OR try the bounce trick. Push down on the front end (standing) and when the front end is unspringing grab a hand full.

Never done a 2nd (that would be a high speed one), but a 43t rear sprocket would help for starters. Try sitting your @ss all the way back in the seat, run at about 6-7k close throttle then slam WOT with a slight pull.
rock.gif
?

+1000:thumbsup:

I think the gearing change makes it a lot easier but I'll bet if you bring it to 8000 in second, back off for a split second and then tag it again it should come up for you.:whistle:

Mine does 80 mph in first gear.
Silly question: WHY?

SORRY, I didnt add that you should be in second gear. If you do it right and land it at red line, the front end is coming down at 110mph if you shift into 3rd and ride that out, its landing at 140mph. BE SAFE !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back