2nd gear trouble?

Not really, at least not by itself. I foot shifted mine that way for a complete season in 2006. When I pulled it all down after the 2007 season, my transmission parts looked better than the ones pictured here. It still shifted flawlessly, but I had R&D work over a spare unit I had.

Key words in your statement are "just prior" and I wouldn't use excessive pressure.
So who do you suggest for the trans work?

Mark at R&D did mine and I was very happy with the work. I would not hesitate to use him again.

My statement in the previous post may have been confusing. I raced my bike in 2006-2007 seasons with the stock transmission. With as many problems I saw others having, in early 2007 I bought a low mileage transmission as a spare just in case. At the end of the season, I sent the spare to Mark to go through. When I built my motor that winter, the R&D transmission went in and the original tranny became my spare.

I've looked a few over the last three years. At one time I have 4 1/2 sitting in my garage. Out of 5 sets of shift shafts, I have only seen one straight pair. Put a set of APE tool steel shafts in it! :)

shiftshafts.jpg

sounds like a bent shift fork when you shift you should make sure you **** hard saves you shift fork

Will pre-loading the shift lever just prior to shifting do any harm?
It sure makes for a nice crisp upshift.

Thanks Mr Bogus and Professor. I only do this occasionally. When done, it is very light pressure, and just before shifting. I don't do it all the time. I raced motocross for years, and never used the clutch for upshifts. When I rebulit the engine, the trans still looked good and shifted well. I have tried this once on the busa, and the shifts were better than with the clutch. I do use the clutch in a normal manner most of the time.

I have learned so much from this forum. Thanks again for your input.

That is one of the first things to check for when buying a used Busa.:whistle: Sorry you got a bad one.:poke:

Back