2CT

qwknuf6

Registered
Well after 2 months of waiting ,I have my 2CT 120/70/17 frt tire ,seemed like forever .
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

crazy.gif

crazy.gif

Compared to regular Pilot Powers , the profile seems a little more rounded , the sides are most definatly softer with more grip , the middle of the tire is a harder compound and last longer , good for me since most roads in Oklahoma are straight . kinda the best of both worlds , long wear and good grip

(qwknuf6 @ Aug. 27 2007,10:48) Compared to regular Pilot Powers , the profile seems a little more rounded , the sides are most definatly softer with more grip , the middle of the tire is a harder compound and last longer , good for me since most roads in Oklahoma are straight . kinda the best of both worlds , long wear and good grip
If your roads are straight, then your riding the WRONG way and coming out here toward me. Go EAST young man and hit 20 then hit Hwy 10 south to, well,  Idabel or just to Gore and then aback home. That should test those solf sides
laugh.gif

(DaCol. @ Aug. 27 2007,13:35)
(qwknuf6 @ Aug. 27 2007,10:48) Compared to regular Pilot Powers , the profile seems a little more rounded , the sides are most definatly softer with more grip , the middle of the tire is a harder compound and last longer , good for me since most roads in Oklahoma are straight . kinda the best of both worlds , long wear and good grip
If your roads are straight, then your riding the WRONG way and coming out here toward me. Go EAST young man and hit 20 then hit Hwy 10 south to, well,  Idabel or just to Gore and then aback home. That should test those solf sides
laugh.gif
I take Hiway 20 and turn lft on Hiway 82 to Spavinaw .Nice twisty's
smile.gif
there but from Claremore to Tulsa there aint to much .

(qwknuf6 @ Aug. 27 2007,11:49)
(DaCol. @ Aug. 27 2007,13:35)
laugh.gif
I take Hiway 20 and turn lft on Hiway 82 to Spavinaw .Nice twisty's
smile.gif
 there but from Claremore to Tulsa there aint to much .
Yeah, but then all the Tulsan's always say Claremore is just a 20 mile away bedroom community of Tulsa
laugh.gif

I do like Claremore, got my Ag Flying Lis at Sam Riggs School just southeast of the city  
beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

I still can't decide which ones I want yet.....2 ct's or Qualifier's ?

Anybody use both ?

I read somewhere that the 2 ct's don't wear right with heavy riders ? And I'm 235.lbs, and don't want to waste my $$$$$$$ ?

Just got mine in yesterday. Will install today, and test this weekend. I will let you all know how they respond.
super.gif

2.jpg

The misconception of these tires is that the middle of the tire is harder than the regular Pilot Powers... I talked to a Michelin Rep and was told this is simply untrue. The center is the same and the sides are softer than the Medium Road tire.

I have tried a set of the 2CTs and I am completely dissatisfied with their performance.

Wet traction is none existent... they exhibit horrible water dispersant characteristics and by looking at the tread design, seems like they channel water to the center instead of outwards from the tire. I have never been scared riding my Busa in the wet til having these tires and after making a 760 mile trip from Houston to Georgia in a torrential downpour with Metzler M3s and feeling confident at any speed... I can say that with fact.

Traction at the limit is great but the tire has a wriggle at steep lean angles, another issue I never had with the M3s. I would guess if I had to pick the tire for trackday use, it might be fine. In the real world of riding a Busa and the chance of getting caught in the rain with mileage being a consideration as well... The Metzler M3 is the tire I will choose next time.

Good luck with your choices...

I HAD a Diablo rear tire-- it let loose Real easy- Scared me- IF I saw wet road- even damp; I would simply back off. I now have Power race-med, which I really got for the track-- Ran them at 42psi- in the hills 2 weeks ago. Super smooth, I was always told to run those pwr rac at MUCH lower air pressures--- Dont understand that, they feel super at 40-42psi. Even in the rain.

firedevil.gif
quipuah, Bad Azz tires Bro. We'll put them to the test this weekend in the Hill country for sure!!!!
AAAssjani.gif

I replaced the stock Bt-56 with Pilot Power 2CT yesterday -- I like them so far
beerchug.gif
. I have the front and rear (190/55). After a brief ride today, I like the feel, quick turn-in and feedback.

Been running PP 2CTs for a while I likey. The rear tire will get slippery when it's time for a new one, so be aware. Just got my replacement front installed a few weeks ago. I had to finally call Michelin, but I think part of my issue was the dealer that was doing the recall. The person I was dealing with had an attitude because the original tire wasn't purchased or installed by them.

All's good now
super.gif

The factory tires were good, no complaints, the factory rear was replaced with a Metzler. I wasn't to happy with the traction, but then again it was winter and in hindsight I think that had a lot to do with it.

Guys that ride with me state that the PP 2CT leaves a black mark when I hit a curve hard.

Back