$216,900 Speeding Ticket

Let 'er eat!

120 mph Busa Dirtbiker
Donating Member
Registered
Finnish Police Issue $216,900 Speeding Ticket
HELSINKI, Finland - Police gave a record $216,900 speeding ticket to one of Finland's richest men under a system in which traffic fines are linked to an offender's income, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

Millionaire Jussi Salonoja zoomed through a 25-mph zone in downtown Helskinki and police handed him the hefty ticket, the Iltalehti tabloid reported. It didn't say what his speed was.

The fine was based on information police got directly for the Finland revenue office, the newspaper said.

Salonoja, 27, could not be reached for comment, and police declined to discuss the case until it reaches the Helsinki Regional Court.

Although it's the costliest ticket to date, it's not the first with a big price tag.

Two years ago, Anssi Vanjoki, then executive vice president of Nokia's mobile phones division, landed a $148,000 ticket after being caught going 45 mph in a 30-mph zone on a motorcycle.

It was later lowered to about $7,500 after he showed a court that his income had dropped, but not before the high fine sparked outrage. Despite weeks of Parliament debates, discussions on TV shows and expressions of disgust in the media, the system remained in place.

Other hefty speeding tickets have included a $71,000 fine for a professional hockey player.

Bonus for reading whole post:
Wrecked ENZO

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076549425 -->

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

if i was loaded id move long before paying one of those nonsence tickets and as far as that ferrari goes cant imagine spending that much on a wreck maybe if it looked like this

ferrari_enzo.jpg

almost looks like an f50 w/o the wing...
rock.gif

i cant wait till i own most of Seattles residential Biuldings and make millions..

In the USA speeding tickets are cheep... Rich people have it made.

That's unreal! Yeah, my fine would be pennies if we had the same system...
smile.gif

Well, that's based on disposable income...how much I have left AFTER I pay for all of the toys!
tounge.gif

Hey Michelle, I guess since you found out that your little light was "ON", you just went crazy didn't you...?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Brian

biggrin.gif

don't forget though, $216900 sounds like a lot of $$$ to most of us, but to this dude it's like 10 bux out of our pockets
rock.gif

Back