Speeding Ticket Bail/Fine Shock

wow, ten over during daylight hours is only a twenty dollar ticket here. no points either.

Be nice if that was the case here~!

I'd much rather pay a high revenue ticket than have points on license as a result~!~

Follow me to the ATM officer~!~ :laugh:

Sorry, Gene. :goodboy:

I just don't understand how it is we're still broke.

My speeding ticket in California was $3500.00 .......

$2500.00 for the lawyer

$1000.00 for the judge...

I went too fast and paid the price, even though it was a ridiculously high price for the circs.. !!! Now I just go to the dragstrip with the Busa, and ride the Harley on the street, because everybody knows harley's can barely do the speed limit, at least that's what most say !!! :laugh: It's all good though, I love to cruise....:beerchug:

You got screwed... I got a $75.00 speed trap camera ticket in the mail from Washington DC. Get this - for 55 in a 45 mph area on an eight lane highway (interstate 395)! No points just pay. I've been driving that highway for over 20 years and would have never guessed it was a 45 mph zone. Can we all say easy revenue.

Last edited:
I run the speed limit, Most of the time. Always in the truck but may fudge a little on the Busa. Does seem a little high on that fine though. Makes a difference around here who you get stopped by. Some are more forgiving than others and depends a lot on YOUR attitude. Good Luck Man.

I havn't had a ticket in ...er Uh... Can't wait till my state (Pa.) completes it's transformation to liberal progressive...:banghead: Hope Spendell don't see this, he has tried everything from tolling I80 to taxing the gas fields. Real fond of yer sin taxes. :please:

in kentucky they usually don't even bother with 10 over tickets. judge more than likely throws those out. lot of cops ride hear so they let little stuff go

Ask for a jury trial and argue to a jury of your fellow citizens that the fines are excessive. I've seen people argue that before and get fined $1.

Revenue for the state. Deterrent to not stop, although I'd like to add the disclaimer that I wouldn't condone not stopping for a LEO. I do feel that with excessive fines, as describe, the state will push many to run.

Try to fight it with ‘Trial by Declaration’. I believe that’s an option in California and you might win it. If you don’t, I believe that you push the trial date ahead, at the least.

Google it!

Not when the state is out of money.

In Texas, it aint so good either. In the last year, I have had two tickets brought to my attention that I dont remember getting, One was in 1992 in Universal City, Tx and the other in College Station in 1997 ??? Universal City was happy to work with me and eagerly provided proof (I got this one), College Station is the one I am fighting because it isn't mine. they don't want to send a copy of the violation or work with me on it. If I accept the College Station Ticket and pay along with the driving with a suspended lic. ticket and the Texas surcharge Fine=1175.00. Yep I'm fighting. Everybody needs to fight these BS tickets and fines, the more we accept them, the more we will endure.

Last edited:
Are you sure it's just a simple 10 over speeding ticket? It's hard to believe there would be bail involved in a 10 over ticket?

Back