2016 Hayabusa lights not working after replacing ignition

Joshmc628

Registered
I’m trying to replace the ignition on my 16’ busa with one I bought from a 2008. I got it on but none of my lights work now. Is there some kind of change I need to make or do I need a new ignition closer to my year? When I put the old ignition back on the lights immediately started working again. My old ignition is damaged otherwise I’d keep it.

No idea, but it sounds like you need a 2008 ignition switch. I was gonna suggest checking fuses. Then I read they work with the old switch
I was about to post a similar response....

If it don't work with the new one but works (kind of because it's broken) with the old one, you answered your own answer...

Not sure why it wouldn't work in the newer one...maybe check the pins in the plug to see if it has the same number? That would only be for curiosity because it's not working...

I was about to post a similar response....

If it don't work with the new one but works (kind of because it's broken) with the old one, you answered your own answer...

Not sure why it wouldn't work in the newer one...maybe check the pins in the plug to see if it has the same number? That would only be for curiosity because it's not working...
It has the same number of pins, and all the wires are the same color. Was hoping I can switch something around. they aren’t the cheapest part in the world but oh well.

It has the same number of pins, and all the wires are the same color. Was hoping I can switch something around. they aren’t the cheapest part in the world but oh well.
Very strange....electrical stuff isn't my strongest suit.....but I would have figured the same as you...if it looks the same and has the same plug, wires and wire color it should be plug and play....

The only thing I can think of is perhaps the ignition has the immobilizer?

Is there no power whatsoever from this ignition?

Very strange....electrical stuff isn't my strongest suit.....but I would have figured the same as you...if it looks the same and has the same plug, wires and wire color it should be plug and play....

The only thing I can think of is perhaps the ignition has the immobilizer?

Is there no power whatsoever from this ignition?
The new ignition gives power and starts the bike just fine. I just don’t have turn signals, headlights, or tail lights now. What’s weird is on eBay the OEM ignitions are sold as compatible 2008-2020. Im just going to try another one and go from there

The new ignition gives power and starts the bike just fine. I just don’t have turn signals, headlights, or tail lights now. What’s weird is on eBay the OEM ignitions are sold as compatible 2008-2020. Im just going to try another one and go from there
Now THAT's a head scratcher right there.....

Back