2015 Marchesini R1 Conversion

DJmatt123

Registered
Hi, first post here. I've been doing a lot of searching for the R1 wheel swap and I've got a little twist on it. I managed to pick up a set of brand new forged magnesium Marchesini wheels set up for a 2015-2022 R1 for a killer price. I'm also planning to install my Braketech CMC rotors on them as soon as I get them sent in to have the hubs changed to the R1 carrier (had them on my GSX-R previously). Everything seems to be bolting up quite nice so far, the front has the same diameter bearings as the stock axle on my 08 Busa and from just eyeballing it so far, it looks like the rotors might even match up without spacers. I'll just need to make some spacers to take up the slack between forks. The rear axle fits perfect and it looks like the sprocket carrier lines up where it should. My main question is regarding the rear caliper mount. I see quite a few different ways people have approached this but I haven't found a good way for this setup. The stock mount will have it so high that it will barely grab the top part of the rotor. I've ordered a matching Braketech rotor to fit the R1 carrier so I don't want to get the oversize rotor that I've seen mentioned. I tried a GSX-R 1000 bracket since the rotors are the same size between it and the R1, but the tab that fits in the slot on the swingarm is way to high and won't fit, at least as it's supposed to. I'm guessing that the R1 bracket will have the same issue. If I space the bracket out so the tab isn't engaging the slot it's supposed to go in, the caliper will be able to just rotate freely. How are people installing the bracket to keep it from rotating when applying the brake? Pics to come when installed. Thanks for any help!

Here's a few pics of it's current state.....

A5769020-1BB2-46CD-A14A-A55EF77CA118_1_105_c.jpeg

8F338828-669C-4A31-B194-E5D10577C9DA_1_105_c.jpeg

D7A68ACD-74A2-45D0-BD43-394C76C567A2_1_105_c.jpeg

Back