2011 Race Schedule

April 2-3
May 14-15
June 25-26
Sept 24-25
Oct 29-30

:bowdown:

now I've got to book my rooms and rent my van. :thumbsup:

I just noticed... tech will be April 1... that shoudl be interesting. :banghead: where's your kanudervalve??! FAIL! :laugh:

Last edited:
FYI:

A Note from the East Coast Timing Association

For the 2011 Maxton Race Season, the ECTA has come to an agreement with the Gryphon Group which will allow us to continue the use of the Runway through the October Event.

It is the position of the Gryphon group that 2012 will see an increase in their training and traffic which will require them to fully use their leased area. In other words, they have written us a letter stating that it is their intent not to allow us any further use of the facility in 2012. During our meeting we agreed to look at possible ways to continue in 2012. The ECTA will continue to try and work with the Gryphon group as we move through this year.

At our Board of Directors Meeting held last August, we mapped out a plan to find other possible sites to create a traveling series. This Plan was to have a couple of events in the deep south in winter, moving to a mid-states for early spring and late fall and a northern mid-summer event. We have been actively searching x-military airbases and have a couple of possibilities in the works. If you are aware of sites that have 2 miles of undisturbed runways, please let us know about them. The ECTA has no plans on 'going away' but it will be different.

We collectively need to work together to insure our 2011 season at Maxton is successful by not interfering or disturbing their training facilities. Upon arrival at Maxton, you will be given a map of the off limits areas and no matter how tempting it might be to play in them.... it will be our responsibility to keep our people out of these area's... our pit area will change and you can expect to see those changes at the Gate as you enter. The Gate will open on Friday morning at 9 am.

Thank you for your continued support,
East Coast Timing Association Staff
Joe, Donna, Keith and Tonya

That's a dissappointment to say the least, but we knew it was inevitable. They had some doubts we would be able to run through 2011...at least we have that long for now.

Hope they find somewhere not too far away, that biggest attraction for us to stay at Maxton was the shorter 5 hour driving distance. Might work out better in the long run depending on where they find, we'll see...

Maxton will be part of LSR history. What other track do you run on crumbled old concrete, have some bends, and before the bushes were cut down that cross wind before the finish. :thumbsup: I'll miss all of that.

I hope the new location is somewhere central east coast and can still support 5 events per year. We'll just have to wait and see.

I heard a "rumor" the FCC was shutting down the course they had been running in FL during 2010. Any info or confirm~?~

Thanks. timming wise is tough but I'll be there. I'm just packing an overnight bag, my leathers, and a helmet. No tent, no coffee maker, no scooter, nothin extra.

Did you guys decide on attending the banquet? Could be the last one... :poke:

Glad to see you're going to make it down~!~ :thumbsup:

:

Don't think we'll be doing the banquet...come on over and hang with us if you want to. Wish I could offer you a bunk, but we have 3 racers and 3 bikes, plus wife and kid staying in our trailer.

We might have to leave the leather and gear at home :laugh:

i'm def gonna be there, probably just watchin tho... get a feel for the scene... but i live so close, i really dont have any excuse to not go!:thumbsup:

Hotel has been booked since the schedule was done so there's no problems. :thumbsup: I'll be stopping by your pit every so often and hanging out.

I'll be helping out Bill again and trying to get lots of pics as well. At least this time I'll be able to have a cold refreshing drink or too. :beerchug:
Don't think we'll be doing the banquet...come on over and hang with us if you want to. Wish I could offer you a bunk, but we have 3 racers and 3 bikes, plus wife and kid staying in our trailer.

We might have to leave the leather and gear at home :laugh:

Back