200whp???

2stgsaleen

Registered
Hey guys can you help me out? Im coming off of racing v-rods to a 09 black busa. A excellent choice IMHO haha. Anyhow, what does it take to get 200whp on these things? OR i should say deep 9's high 8's. You'll have to excuse the newb questions as 200whp on my harley would be nothing but scattered parts. BTW there is some nice rides you guys got on this site!!!!!

Start with a pipe,filter,power commander and a shot of nitrous! That would be the quick and easy way.:beerchug:

Nothing quick and easy about running 8s. Othererwise everyone would be running those numbers. My suggestions:

Weight: assuming you plan on 200 HP, you need to get total bike and rider weight to 700pounds or so. Lots of post on weight reduction for the bike you can search, but plan on removing about 60+ pounds of weight off the bike, and whatever you need to do for yourself.

Power: Close to 200 HP can be had with a Brocks alien head, a power commander (or equivilent) and a reputable tuner with good race fuel such as MR9 or MR11 (if your state hasn't banned this stuff yet). Most importantly get a good tune from a reputable tuner, or better yet get a data logger and do it yourself. Internet maps are bogus (in my humble opinion:laugh:)

Short Times: You will need to get low to mid 1.4s to tag high 8 second passes. Getting a good short time is 90% of the battle, and most of this is from seat time, but assuming your an experienced racer, the biggest improvements can be made as follows. Lowering - strap the front and slam the rear. Brocks makes the kits. Tire - Shink or Micky Thomson at 20psi. Gearing - drop from stock 18 /43 to something like 17/44 or 17/45. Shock - stock shock doesn't have enough preload and no-where close enough rebound. Shock can be rebuilt with new spring by many companies for shor money or Brock sells a drag shock. Clutch - Again, Brock makes a very good clutch kit that eliminates the weak and tempermental clutch hub. The cushion kit and stiffer springs make a nice improvement as well. Expect to swap the clutch out every 40 to 60 passes if you take care of your clutch.

Anyway, thats a start. Whole lot you can do (and should do) before you strap a bottle or a hair dryer on. You have one of the best bikes ever built to do what you whant.

Thank you for the replies. Im pretty good as far as experience goes, but can use some improvements. Its nice that the power is there on these bikes and I dont have to spend a fortune focusing on the motor. Ive done some searching Im almost positive I want the Brocks sidewinder or the vance and hines. More than likely the Brocks. I love this bike like no other Ive had so far. The clutch feels as tho it might need some work however. Ive waited 10 years to get one!!!

Hey guys can you help me out? Im coming off of racing v-rods to a 09 black busa. A excellent choice IMHO haha. Anyhow, what does it take to get 200whp on these things? OR i should say deep 9's high 8's. You'll have to excuse the newb questions as 200whp on my harley would be nothing but scattered parts. BTW there is some nice rides you guys got on this site!!!!!

Vrod, racing? Do I know you? I also raced vrod's and know most of the people who do, my vrscx with a trask turbo made 172 rwhp it was a blast to ride, but wanted to go much faster, now I ride an 08busa, I haven't had a chance to go put any numbers down yet, I will soon..

IMG_3832.jpg

172hp Harley engine is amazing. A wonder you could hold on with the forward controls like that. Must have the King Kong grip. :thumbsup:

Probably depends on weight. For my bike to get in the 8s range. You'd need to be just tires and motor pushed off a cliff. :rofl:

add six inches to the swingarm(stock or aftermarket)

M/T D.O.T for the rear

lower the bike,strap front

MTC lock-up clutch, or something similar.....that hayes clutch is awesome.

then add the normal exhaust and tuning mods....you should be there no problem.

See sig for power. If you are 150lbs. you can run 8's pretty easy if you can ride. Stretch the swing arm a few inches and you should have no trouble. If that doesn't get it done, a small shot of spray is more than enough (rider is key)... :beerchug:

Back