2008 hayabusa motor blew

foresure84

FINISH- HIM
Donating Member
Registered
coming home from work i.m doing 100 mph i hear a ticking, i slow down to like 50, i start loosing hp and then oil coming out of tail pie, i would like your thoughts on a approx amount on engine work, gixxerhp thoughts are extremely welcomed, 40000 miles on her

How loud was the ticking??
How much oil is showing in the sight glass?

Well bummer. Good thing with oil involved and 50mph is you didn't crash.
Sorry about the motor. Save your money let the org do the fixin! :thumbsup:

It's hard to say without really seeing it, maybe a valve guide got a little messed up and started the tick and allowed it to leak oil. Maybe the tick is actually a knock, you bent a rod and the piston is caddywampus causing the rings not to seal. If you can't diagnose it yourself, you probably don't have the knowledge and tooling to rebuild the engine so I'd just tow it to a shop and get an opinion. Check with your local shop on their diagnostic fees before you bring it to them so there's no surprise.

No really way to say its this its that unless you start troubleshooting. Pull the plugs, Check the top end first with a leak down test and go from there.

Blown at 40,000!!! I have no personal experience since I'm only on my first busa and doesn't even have 5k on it yet. But, there's people here with a lot more than that trouble free. Hope it's not too bad.

The Busa is damn near bulletproof so curious what kind of "moves" were you doing before you heard the ticking? what mods are on the bike?

thanks for all you guy's responses, i have john(gixxerhp) some of rick gadson friends to help me with the repair and the org itself, ricky friend felton says its time to learn how to work on a motor, he has all i need to do, i just what i want to do and how much i can afford, we will rebuild her according to how i ride, with John input of course
:beerchug::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What kind of oil do you run and how often did you change it?

Were you one them that would bounce it off the rev limiter with the clutch pulled in??

thanks for all you guy's responses, i have john(gixxerhp) some of rick gadson friends to help me with the repair and the org itself, ricky friend felton says its time to learn how to work on a motor, he has all i need to do, i just what i want to do and how much i can afford, we will rebuild her according to how i ride, with John input of course
:beerchug::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's how you get rid of that tick: pull the head and send it to carpenter racing. They will port it and install oversized valves and web cams. Then take the block and crank and send them to APE for a 1441 kit including a gen 1 block, carillo rods and JE pistons. Make sure you get oversized studs, cometic head gaskets and a brocks exhaust to support it all and you are all set :thumbsup:

Back