2008 Hayabusa LED Headlight Impossible to Find

Applesauce

Registered
So I've swapped everything but the main headlight to LED and have this weird two-tone effect going on. For the life of me I can't find an H4 LED light that will fit the bike without bending the ever-loving out of the retaining clip and slicing the rubber moisture cover to accommodate the fan. I'm sure it's an H4. Everything I have says H7 but I've ordered (and returned) several, with the H4 having the only prongs that fit; they're just all too bulky with either a massive fan or giant heat sinks. If anyone can link me to a lo-pro H4 LED light, I'll send you a bang energy drink in return before they go out of business.

what gen are you really writing about ????
2008 may be still a gen1 - so define the type 100% sure by telling the gen. ;)

the gen1 has H7 NOT H4
(and i mean at gen2 the same)

and for H7 bulbs osram offers a H7-fitting led - see here at NIGHT BREAKER LED | OSRAM Automotive
(and for all H4 lights they offer the led also as that seat-form)

look for

OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER H7-LED​

lill hint - the h7 at 1st moment seems not to fit at a gen1 low beam seat
but with a minute or two of fumbling around it worked - i tried that myself with full success at a gen1´s !
simply connected then the led´s plug to main harness and it was fine - no "piece in the middle" was necessary.

So I've swapped everything but the main headlight to LED and have this weird two-tone effect going on. For the life of me I can't find an H4 LED light that will fit the bike without bending the ever-loving out of the retaining clip and slicing the rubber moisture cover to accommodate the fan. I'm sure it's an H4. Everything I have says H7 but I've ordered (and returned) several, with the H4 having the only prongs that fit; they're just all too bulky with either a massive fan or giant heat sinks. If anyone can link me to a lo-pro H4 LED light, I'll send you a bang energy drink in return before they go out of business.
Did you take the adapter off the bulb? When i went over to LEDs, I thought the H7 didn't fit until the adapter was added. I use the VLED micro led and only had to trim a small piece on the rubber cover. The retaining clip fit on the new bulb with no issues.

Bulb.JPG

what gen are you really writing about ????
2008 may be still a gen1 - so define the type 100% sure by telling the gen. ;)

the gen1 has H7 NOT H4
(and i mean at gen2 the same)

and for H7 bulbs osram offers a H7-fitting led - see here at NIGHT BREAKER LED | OSRAM Automotive
(and for all H4 lights they offer the led also as that seat-form)

look for

OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER H7-LED​

lill hint - the h7 at 1st moment seems not to fit at a gen1 low beam seat
but with a minute or two of fumbling around it worked - i tried that myself with full success at a gen1´s !
simply connected then the led´s plug to main harness and it was fine - no "piece in the middle" was necessary.
My bad, it's a gen-2. But the H7 prongs are literally too narrow to fit. As in, the bulb leads are too close together and cannot sit in the connector without bending them, which, for Amazon item return standards, I did not do with a set of pliers.

Did you take the adapter off the bulb? When i went over to LEDs, I thought the H7 didn't fit until the adapter was added. I use the VLED micro led and only had to trim a small piece on the rubber cover. The retaining clip fit on the new bulb with no issues.

View attachment 1657179
I swear...If all I was missing was removing an adapter...I might actually cry.

Back