2008 exhaust question?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I am most likely going to buy an 08 busa by years end. I was at my dealership yesterday looking at the 07-08 side by side. Here is my question:

Will an exhaust can off the 07 bolt onto the flange of the 08? Here is my delima, I have sweet akrapovic carbon fiber cans on my current busa. I would like to keep them and mount them on the new one. Looking at the midpipe flange, they look the same but unless someone has tried this, no one knows for sure.

Anyone with experience/knowledge of this, I'd be pleased if you would post up.

if it doesn't fit are you gonna return the Gen II? Let us know if the swap works or not. My inital guess would be no. If it was exactly the same I think all of the current exhaust companies would be raving about how they have a "new" can for the new busa.

Yes they will bolt up to the flange, but will not line up mounting to the footpeg bracket bolt.How I know this, is because I took off the big, heavy, restrictive stock cans and put the stock cans from my 02 busa on. Right side, just bolt on flange, but had to bend tang on muffler inword 1/2 of an inch. Left side had to grind off muffler tab, reweld tab one and 1/2 inch closer to footpeg bracket bolt hole. Looks great, about half the weight, and less restrictive. Also painted them semigloss black to match the stock cans. If your acra cans have adustable mounting straps then your done.
super.gif

Back