2008- Exhaust modification details- help?

julingy

Registered
hello, I just bought a 2008 Hayabusa! its my 4th bike after (kawi 250, kawi 650, triumph 955i) respecitvely. i have three more months of winter and now riding here in Alberta, Canada :(

anyway, the previous owner had pretty much taken the stock exhausts off and had the exhaust ending right below the foot pegs. (he had some exhaust tips with a small baffle in them). it sounds WAY to loud for me living in a city often arriving home late at night.
so ive purchased some 2009 stock hayabusa exhausts to put back on my 2008. (these were $100, i cant afford $1000 nice exhausts right now).
I would like to know how i can modify these exhausts during the remainder of this winter to have them ready for summer! ive heard drilling them can give them a deeper growl? where do i drill lol ? can i shorten the exhaust cans somehow? does this have benefits and drawbacks?

thanks for the input

There is a thread here some where or you can google search it..

I cut 9" off my stock mufflers when I first bought my GENII.. I DIDNT drill any holes and I as satisfied with the deeper tone... I would suggest to cut the mufflers down first and then listen to the exhaust. Its much easier to drill holes then it is to fill them back in.

Or take a look at delkevic.com I put the 350mm cans on my bike 6 months ago and couldnt be happier. Only $270 shipped to my door and very impressive. I run without the baffles.

Back