2008 Exhaust on a 2006

tlrbandit

Registered
Does anybody know if the aftermarket slip on and full systems for the 2008 model Hayabusa fit the 1st generation Hayabusa? I'm looking at either the R77 Yosh slip-ons for the 08 and was hoping they would work on my 2006. I know there are some fitment issues going from 1st generation to the 2nd generation at the rear fairing but was hoping their wouldn't be any problems going the other direction. Anybody try it yet?

Thanks for your help!

I want the new style mufflers, such as the R77 or TRC cone, which Yosh will not sell with the full Yosh exhaust. I am also looking at the Akropovic with the Hex style muffler, which again is not available for the older Hayabusa. I did confirm that the M4 exhaust is now available with the new muffler but I am not sure how loud it is. I'm still working that angle as well.

The 08 may have a couple of catalytic converters and extra emissions equipment to go with it. I'm not sure how much the frame may have changed between gen 1 to gen2 Busa, which may affect the overall fitment of the exhaust. I'm sure with a little fab work, you can make it work.

Back