2008 Duacti 1098R

Isn't the Desmosedici RR priced @ $60,000+ and only available in limited qty's, like 1800 units? That's pretty much as close to a real GP bike as you'll get and with 200 rwhp.

Isn't the Desmosedici RR priced @ $60,000+ and only available in limited qty's, like 1800 units? That's pretty much as close to a real GP bike as you'll get and with 200 rwhp.
Actually, it IS a MotoGP bike. It was US/CAL EPA certified and sold with a 3 year full factory support warranty....for $72,000+. It was $65k but the U.S. dollar is in the tank.

1198cc V-twin ...mmmmmm nice..

Ohlins shocks and Brembo brakes . Carbon mufflers from factory.

For $18K it`s a bargain.
Not sure where the $18K came from but this bad boy is $39k+. I am wondering how many races into the season next year Ducati will sandbag with these things until they let Bayliss win a few. I love this bike for what it is but at the same time I hate the fact that it exists because the FIM was bullied into letting them run 1200cc in WSBK next year.
Heres a little more in depth article.
http://www.rubbermag.com/news/0711/071105_06.html
the 18K was for the standard model..... my bad but I had corrected that just before you posted

I'm just a lottery win away from owning that bad boy . I'd buy that , the 1100 Motard , an Augusta , A turbo Busa , A Stroker , Maybe even an 08 . And I'd keep em in a climate controlled room in the house with marble floors and granite platforms for them to sit on . And there would be a dynomometer and a tool box that would make a Formula one team mechanic green with envy stationed at each bike . And a wall of tires of different brands and compositions . And spare plastics and parts for each bike . I'd have undergound tanks installed for different weights of oil and different grades of gas and an 10 mile track in the back 40 . Two tracks , one for drag racing and one motogp style . Dream Big . And a water jet machine to make my own billet wheels and parts and I'd also do my own chrome , etc , etc ..........

One corner at 100+... that's all I want... ok... maybe two corners...

bowdown.gif

I'm just a lottery win away from owning that bad boy . I'd buy that ,  the 1100 Motard , an Augusta , A turbo Busa , A Stroker , Maybe even an 08 . And I'd keep em in a climate controlled room in the house with marble floors and granite platforms for them to sit on . And there would be a dynomometer and a tool box that would make a Formula one team mechanic green with envy stationed at each bike . And a wall of tires of different brands and compositions . And spare plastics and parts for each bike . I'd have undergound tanks installed for different weights of oil and different grades of gas and an 10 mile track in the back 40 . Two tracks , one for drag racing and one motogp style . Dream Big . And a water jet machine to make my own billet wheels and parts and I'd also do my own chrome , etc , etc ..........
I hear you, don't you wish you could have Bill Gates $$$$, and show him how to spend it right !!!

Back