Ten year ban for pulling a wheelie

Dave398

Registered
I only come by every so often to read the web site ... want to buy a bike but not enough money to really get one ... and I live in apartment without any kind of shelter for the bike.

Anyway, I just read this and not sure how true it is.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcy....69.html

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
"They'll lose their bike," Lopez-Cantera said. "Their motorcycle license will be revoked for 10 years, and it's a mandatory arrest so they will go to jail."[/quote]

Police officers had complained that they were virtually powerless to pursue the bikers and said that they were frustrated as they watch their tactics, like flipping the bike's number plates around so they can't be traced.

I like that part!

Too Bad the Miami drug Lords dont run for office....It'd be better than whats in there..The question is " Will the bikers ( citizens complain enough ) to get the new law thrown out or the jerk bringing it to office?
argue.gif

no officer.... I didn't do it on purpose,there is a hump in the road that just threw my front wheel up...honest

I only come by every so often to read the web site ... want to buy a bike but not enough money to really get one ... and I live in apartment without any kind of shelter for the bike.

Anyway, I just read this and not sure how true it is.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcy....69.html

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
"They'll lose their bike," Lopez-Cantera said. "Their motorcycle license will be revoked for 10 years, and it's a mandatory arrest so they will go to jail."[/quote][/quote]
i believe its possible..
in florida if a cop thinks youre running from him, your bike gets confiscated.
we did a thread on this a while back, maybe i can find it

Stunts dont belong on public roads in traffic, period. Those that do it have no reguard for other peoples safety. How would you feel if your loved one was hurt cause of some moron doing a wheele lost it and his/her bike slammed into the car carrying your loved one. Granted there is a very small percentage of sportbike riders doing these kinds of things but it only takes a few to make the rest of us suffer.

Stunts dont belong on public roads in traffic, period.  Those that do it have no reguard for other peoples safety.  How would you feel if your loved one was hurt cause of some moron doing a wheele lost it and his/her bike slammed into the car carrying your loved one.  Granted there is a very small percentage of sportbike riders doing these kinds of things but it only takes a few to make the rest of us suffer.
I have to chime in on this one.. I would have to agree with Sloto here. I'm not a big fan of highway stunting. The one thing I find so funny is when the reporters/blah blah's say doing 120 like it's fast or something. I guess it's all relative..

Personally I do my "quick" riding in a much less crowded type of roads. For us S. Floridians, it would be Alligator Alley (I-75) and US 27.. Even then, it's not even what would be considered fast by most of you guys/gals standards.. so again.. it's all relative...

I don't think this dude's bill will pass.

Theres a time and place for stunts and its not on the road .

Yes i'm guilty too .

Keep in mind where we live "S.Florida". They are not exactly known for thinking things through all of the time.

Doing wheelies/stunts on public roads is no more or less a bad thing than speeding down the freeway doing 120+ MPH! I have done all of them. Sorry, but we dont own busas to always drive the speed limit...
rock.gif

Doing wheelies/stunts on public roads is no more or less a bad thing than speeding down the freeway doing 120+ MPH! I have done all of them. Sorry, but we dont own busas to always drive the speed limit...
rock.gif
If you're saying one guy on a bike blazing down the highway is just as bad as a gang of bikers blazing down the highway doing wheelies, clogging traffic, and otherwise breaking every traffic rule in the book..then I strongly disagree. And then grouping all buyers of Hayabusa's into a category of reckless speeders...well, I disagree with that too.

Do I speed? Hell yes...every chance I get when there is no one around. But when I get pulled by a LEO I want to at least have some claim of common sense and wheelies down a crowded freeway for the sake of starring on YouTube just doesn't pass the common sense test. Maybe I'm just getting old...

Back