2008 Busa Test....

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
From Superbike Mag (UK), MCM is also at the Test.

Al's riding the 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa at the Salzburgring in Austria. Here's his first thoughts on the bike. ...

Well, **** me this is a fast track. Scary. It's not often you find yourself turning into a bend at nearly 300kph, although to be honest, the speedo is the last thing I've been spending too much time looking at here today. I'm here to ride Suzuki's new 2008 Hayabusa, a model which was essentially unchanged over the past decade (almost), but which has now had a major update. There's a new 1,340cc motor with an extra 16kw of power, a revised chassis with new radial brakes and a styling makeover that's based on the old bike, but still on the radical side.

This first riding session has confirmed a few things – firstly that this is a fast fast bike. Although it's still on stock settings, so things are a little wobbly. I'll have more to say in a bit after the next session…

Well it's later in the afternoon now, and we're getting to grips with the track a bit more. Suzuki reckons it's made changes in a few areas of the bike - brakes, engine and styling have had the major tweaks, with detail changes to the rest of the chassis. The biggest apparent change is the brakes - they now have all the stoppping power you need, with the limit now being the sheer mass and length of the bike. Helping out here are the new Bridgestone BT-015 tyres - a special design for the GSX1300, which are frankly performing miracles here under the terrifying 280kph+ braking, not to mention the 300kph kinks. The motor still feels like the strong lump the 'Busa is known for, with none of the peakiness apparent on the Kawasaki ZZR1400 though.

We've had a bit of a suspension fiddle too, and the bike's much more composed around this crazy-fast track.

All this comes with a bit of caveat though - we've not done any road riding. And with that in mind, we'll have to wait until we get a chance to do that before we can speak in depth about the new Hayabusa's road manners. At the moment though, it looks like job done for Suzuki...

beerchug.gif

i was down town earlier and in mcn they say about banning big bikes in uk why
guns.gif

cant people just leave fkin bikers alone
firedevil.gif

That magazine talking about how good the BT-015's are

Well save it to your computer and re-open with Windows Picture Viewer and zoom in .

Looks like a pair of slicks to me . Minimum BT002's

ahyabusa_action_web.jpg

BTW , I bought a pair of BT002's in soft compound .

I threw the front tire at a wall in my shop and it  

stuck there  
all_coholic.gif

guns.gif

(mountainmotor @ Sep. 10 2007,17:43) BTW , I bought a pair of BT002's in soft compound .

I threw the front tire at a wall in my shop and it

stuck there
all_coholic.gif
guns.gif
It's the "booger" compound...
laugh.gif

(mountainmotor @ Sep. 10 2007,15:39) That magazine talking about how good the BT-015's are

Well  save it to your computer and re-open with Windows Picture Viewer and zoom in .

Looks like a pair of slicks to me . Minimum BT002's
I can't tell...

zoomed in its just too blurry.

A lot of times, mag tests start with stock tires in the morning and race tires in the afternoon
wink.gif

(euroR @ Sep. 11 2007,22:12) Is it just me or does that bike look RED?
its just you, or your computer monitor... that bike is orange...

Sure is a good thing that the green machine came out, this Busa has been sitting in the designers computer just waiting for someone to knock the original busa around so they could bring this thing out....

Nothing like the original embarrassment that Kawasaki went through when they first introduced their "Busa Killer" heheheheh

Those are treaded tires I believe. If you look at the sidewall you will see some patterning in the "fuzzy" part of the photograph... extremely jealous of that guy right now....

Thought I better let you guys know that Kawasaki has been waiting for the new Busa to come out. The 08 ZX-14 is supposedly going to have more horsepower than the 06 or 07. Just what I've heard. This could get interesting.

(mokaw @ Sep. 14 2007,18:42) Thought I better let you guys know that Kawasaki has been waiting for the new Busa to come out. The 08 ZX-14 is supposedly going to have more horsepower than the 06 or 07. Just what I've heard. This could get interesting.
You're right, I've heard an additional 7HP over the current model.

(Revolution @ Sep. 14 2007,20:16) annnd that would put who on top in the hp war?
I believe that would put the zx14 ahead again.
Not for nothing, but Suzuki taking a snoze behind the wheel for the past 10 years with the busa, and then releasing something only a few HP more then the competition sorta sucks!
I was thinking more along the lines of a busa with 190 minimum at the rear tire would have made a statement.
But, I will still more than likely buy one when it is released, as my Harley just doesn't seem to beat the other crotch rockets on the road
wink.gif

I too am wondering what will happen when they pit the ZX14 and 08 Busa against each other. Looking forward to it.

I am glad they let the busa sit for so long look at all the aftermarket. Hell it can almost compete with HD in that market. LOL

Still nice to see an upgrade in the bike but I am not running out to get one.

Back