2008 busa start up problem.

pcosho

Registered
Hello. I haven't been on here in quite a while. I apologize for that just got real busy with some things. So here's my problems. I just left work this morning no problem but when I got home my bike wouldn't start unless I pulled in the clutch. It was in neutral with the kickstand up as well. Its always started when in neutral even with the kickstand down. Now it won't. Do I have a faulty clutch switch or maybe a bad kickstand switch? Any help would be much appreciated! Once again sorry for long post and just getting back on here!

Welcome back..... Each and every Suzuki I've owned needs the clutch pulled in to start If the kickstand is down and it's in gear, it won't start with the clutch pulled in. Maybe something was acting up letting you start without pulling in the clutch.
Welcome back..... Each and every Suzuki I've owned needs the clutch pulled in to start If the kickstand is down and it's in gear, it won't start with the clutch pulled in. Maybe something was acting up letting you start without pulling in the clutch.

Welcome back.....

Each and every Suzuki I've owned needs the clutch pulled in to start

If the kickstand is down and it's in gear, it won't start with the clutch pulled in.

Maybe something was acting up letting you start without pulling in the clutch.
I'm not sure what's going on with this thing. I owned this bike for years and its always started when in neutral with the kickstand down and not pulling the clutch in. I do know my neutral light won't come on sometimes with the kickstand up. If it's not on and I push the kickstand down just a little the light comes right on. Anyhow I ordered a new clutch sensor switch, kickstand switch, and gear selector switch. We will see if those do anything. Maybe time to upgrade to a gen 3! Thanks for the reply!

I'm not sure what's going on with this thing. I owned this bike for years and its always started when in neutral with the kickstand down and not pulling the clutch in. I do know my neutral light won't come on sometimes with the kickstand up. If it's not on and I push the kickstand down just a little the light comes right on. Anyhow I ordered a new clutch sensor switch, kickstand switch, and gear selector switch. We will see if those do anything. Maybe time to upgrade to a gen 3! Thanks for the reply!
That's pretty weird for it to do that...

....it's never a bad time to upgrade to the Gen , it's an excellent bike.

I'm talking about buying a new gen 3 busa and selling my 08.

What is your relation with working on your bike, love/hate/etc.?

This is something that I think many people need to hear: I would never take a loan to make this switch. A loan would make that a no-go.

Back