Starting Issues

Kyle

Registered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I am new to the forum but, I had a question...I was in the twisties yesterday and pulled over with a couple of buddies for a break. when I tried to start my bike up again, while in neutral with the kickstand up, it came on but the engine would not start. I had to play with it a little, putting it in first gear and pushing in the kick stand ignition kill, among other things and it finally started. It was almost as if the bike was fully juiced electrically wise but it would not start. it gave me problems like that throughout the rest of the day when I would shut it off and try to turn it back on. does anyone know about this problem or know how I can fix it? I have a 07 so, the bike is pretty new. I do have a PCIII on it but the map is for yoshimura pipes not akrapovic bolt ons. thanks

The busa has had a few issues with hard starting when hot. I think there's a higher powered starter that some of the guys here have installed. I'm sure someone on here will speak up soon and give you some more insight to the issue. I haven't really had any problems with mine. Sometimes it has a little slower cranking, but it always starts.

well I can tell you...I was a little worried being three hours away from home. That is a long push especially being in the mountains. Not only that but I am stationed in korea so, the language barrier would have been worst. The bike is pretty much new with about 3000 miles on it now.

I was doing some reading a few min. ago, and I saw a thread about the same thing. A lot of guys have had the same issue. What they did was upgraded the battery to one with more cranking amps. It'll give it more power to turn the starter.

Loose connecton , Bad battery ( Plates ) , Safety switch on the kick stand, Any work been done on the front - could there be a loose wire on any connectors. Its probably something simple

not sure really. aftermarket parts have been installed and I believe they probably had to take the front end apart as well as chrome acessories. The battery shouldn't be bad since I only had the bike for about a year or so...the kick stand switch was a little dirty but it did not stick or anything. I have NO idea what the issue maybe.

I did read some of the other forums and although they were close to the same problem, it still did not point me in the right direction.

not sure really. aftermarket parts have been installed and I believe they probably had to take the front end apart as well as chrome acessories. The battery shouldn't be bad since I only had the bike for about a year or so...the kick stand switch was a little dirty but it did not stick or anything. I have NO idea what the issue maybe.

Have you had the battery on a tender for that year or not? If you haven't had a tender on it it's very possible that even with it only being a year old, it may still be bad. I'm not saying that's it, but it's possible.

Bad battery, or too weak to start after the bike is warmed up is the prob. When mine started acting that way I called the dealer to see if the battery would be covered under warranty, no luck. He told me about 50% of the new bikes on the floor have dead batteries. So here is your simple but pricey solution go buy upgraded battery that has more cranking amps and a battery tender also, problem solved.:beerchug:

Back