Busa Won't Start

Terrence

Registered
I have an 05 Gen 1 Busa that I can't get to start. I recently took out my engine so that I can port my heads. I got everything wired back up and tried to start the bike and it wouldn't not start. Here is what I've done so far.

1. Make sure that the engine kill switch was not flipped on.
2. Checked the kickstand to make sure it was up all the way.
3. Made sure the bike was in neutral before the start

So the basic things I've already done. The bike will turn over but just won't start up. Another thing that noticed was the oil light stays on all the time now. I've checked to make sure it was full and it is. I've also ensured that my radiator was filled as I've herd that the bike may think that it is overheating. I would like to put the bike into dealer mode but my rear seat is stuck on because the cable has detached itself. To make matters worse I've tried to slightly lift the rear seat to put screw driver in to push the lever but it just doesn't seem to be working out. This porting job is slowly turning into a nightmare. I know it's something simple but just can't seem to access the information I need to make it happen. Please provide any advise you can.

The plug for dealer mode is under drivers seat not passenger. What will the bike do? Will it power up? Will the gauges cycle? Fuel pump prime? Will it turn over but just not start? We need more info to help point you in the right direction.

All the above that you stated. It powers up, all the gauges work, the fuel pump is operational, the bike does turn over but just won't crank. I found the dealer mode plug, and made the connection and the code read C00. There is a wire that runs to the bottom of my engine I believe it is some sort of oil sensor. When I disconnected it, the oil light went off. I tried to start the bike again but no luck. I've pulled the intake and put starter fluid down the intake but again no luck. I have a PCIII on the bike and I disconnected it just see if the problem lies there but again the same issue. At this point I just don't know what it could be. It has to be something simple I just don't know what it could be. I thought about pulling the valve cover off again to see if the cams are lined properly. At this point any advise would be helpful.

Regarding the rear seat issue: I had the same thing happen to me on my 08 not too long ago, I wound up lowering the under tail and accessing it that way.

Finally pulled my engine back apart to see what was going on. I got too excited and when I was putting it back together. I failed to pay attention to how I set the cams back in the bike and one of the bearings broke. So I just picked up another engine that was running and decided do a turbo build on the old engine. So for all of those that gave me good feedback thank you. It's cool because now I can tear an engine down in a couple of hours I just have to make sure I tag everything.

Back