2008 Busa getting real hot in warm weather

TA_GunSurgeon

Donating Member
Registered
It was about 85 degrees today rode about 20 minutes and noticed the frame on the right side(side that you would add oil on) was hot to the touch and it was noticably hotter than usual. There hasn't been very many warm days yet, but this is the 2nd time in a row I've noticed this. Can someone please confirm if this is typical for the 08 Busa. I know the older ones are notorious for overheating.

The right side always feels warmer on mine too get a Muzzy fan blade it will help cool faster .

if your temp gauge isnt overheating ot anything i wouldnt get to worried about it busas do give off some big heat.

I haven't noticed anything here. The desert tends to get everything hot, but nothing unusual.

I'd be interested to know what ambient (outside) temps you're talking about...

lurk.gif

It is normal... My busa is the same way... The frame is real hot to the touch but the temp gauge is just below the half way mark. I wouldn't worry about it!

As long as the gauge is reading good don't worry. Let it run for a few and make sure the fans turn on if you want to be sure everything is working.

The right side always feels warmer on mine too get a Muzzy fan blade it will help cool faster .
It's not necessary on the 08 since it has TWO cooling fans. The bike does feel warm but if the temperature gauge doesn't show it overheating, I wouldn't worry about it...

I think you just feel the heat more on the Gen-II because it has the sealed fairings by the frame and cases. IMO you think it's hotter because where heat does escape, you may be more likely to feel it over the Gen-I.

It was about 85 degrees today rode about 20 minutes and noticed the frame on the right side(side that you would add oil on) was hot to the touch and it was noticably hotter than usual. There hasn't been very many warm days yet, but this is the 2nd time in a row I've noticed this. Can someone please confirm if this is typical for the 08 Busa. I know the older ones are notorious for overheating.
The old ones are notorious for overheating??? Where do you get this info from? Do a poll you may be suprised
laugh.gif
My 04 has never even come close to overheating, in high 90 degree days, sitting stuck in traffic for almost an hour...the needle hardly even moved over halfway. I was WAYYY hotter than the bike. I've never owned a machine that handles heat as well as my busa. Sure it puts off some heat to the rider...all bikes do, your sitting directly over the motor
winkold.gif
But my busa handles heat cooling system wise as good as any vehicle I've ever owned
cool.gif
And I've rarely read of busa's overheating.....and I read alot
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back