2007 X3 Water Pump

202mphbusa

Registered
So my tow vehicle has been down with a bad water pump for a month now
Finally got the water pump and thermostat housing out of the X3
Quite a marvel of technology
pump flow coolant at variable speeds or not at all to warm the motor faster and slower as needed
Pump itself is $400
and thermostat housing BEHIND it under the intake should be replaced for another $150, plus with where it is and how much fiddling you have to do to get at it, it is no wonder the dealer or regular shops get ~400 to install

I was close to getting it out and had to get behind the pass front wheel, so I decieded to pull the front wheel, undo the lugs and start kicking the wheel to free it
man it is stuck so I am sitting now kicking with both feet, when I hear a strange noise,,,,,,and fluid starts pouring out from under the car.....WTF did I somehow puncture a antilock line or something, a couple of panic stricken,,,touch fluid,,,doen's feel like brake fluid,,,or smell like it....WTF is it???????Power steering??? I did have to move some steering lines......no wait my beer sitting on the washer fluid tank fell over ARRRRGGGGHH I def paniced for a minute

Lol! That’s funny! Is the x3 like the 2008 528i with the aluminum block and components, making the bolts a one time use deal too?

Back