2006 busa starting issues!

Have u checked the plugs? could be soaked from being rich thus not causing a spark to fire.
Is your FI light flasing on the dash when the key is turned? Also check your ground, remove and clean properly

Yes they are aftermarket levers but I pull out the clutch switch and pushed it in myself so it rules that out :(
I just changed the plugs so unfortunately that isn't it ether,
When it first happened last year when the symptoms started the FI light flashed when i had to repeatedly try to start it again
I will pull the wires out and clean then as I only visually checked them ( no corrosion )
Will clean them sometime in the next few days as I'm out of town once again
Thanks for all and any input guys!

What is the voltage at the Battery while cranking?

If it drops under 12 volts the bike will not fire!

I'm located in Calgary Canada
I don't have one of those volt meter things lol
I know it can't be the battery because I have two new ones in the garage :( I'm home tomorrow finally to check out some possibilities
Thanks

Consider other problems in the starting circuit. If the tip over switch fell off of its mount or broke for example, that will easily keep your bike from starting. I had that issue and went insane trying to find the problem. Fix costed me nothing once I found the problem. I am fairly certain my lights dim to start (2005).

Please help. Bought 2006 Busa last summer. Moved and had to park it in a garage covered over the winter. Now it won't start. Turns over but no fire. Treated the gas as it sat for so long. Will fire on starting fluid. But won't continue. What am I missing? Help is appreciated. Located in West Texas. Ran fine last year. Can hear fuel pump when u turn on key is that normal.

jonnybusa06
You need a Multimeter.
Go buy one from Crappy Tire and Return it when you're done.
Without it your just guessing.
By what I'm reading, there are cases where I think you may be thinking things are ok when they may not be.
We can make a list and get you to verify the findings with the meter.
But the auto ranging multimeter, I believe it's $49.99.

Please help. Bought 2006 Busa last summer. Moved and had to park it in a garage covered over the winter. Now it won't start. Turns over but no fire. Treated the gas as it sat for so long. Will fire on starting fluid. But won't continue. What am I missing? Help is appreciated. Located in West Texas. Ran fine last year. Can hear fuel pump when u turn on key is that normal.

Welcome to the org!!
How old is the battery? as suggested in this post, you need to figure if it's holding a charge. The busa needs a lot of juice to power up.

Battery is just over a year old. Seems to hold a charge fine. I don't think it is the battery. It's not the kickstand or the kill switch. I've tried all of those. Just thought it might be something simple before I haul it to someone. Should I drain the gas and try that? I would have thought treating it would be fine.

Update. Fuses are good. I am in the process do draining the fuel. Line is not kinked. Any other ideas if putting fresh fuel does not work.

After you get a multimeter check you stator and rectifier. Here is a video showing how to do it
Make sure the battery is fullly charged, check the voltage when idleing and about an hour or two after it has been sitting with the charger disconnected to verify if voltage is constant. I find that if the stator and rectifier test fine its the battery. Or as other here have suggested get the battery load tested.

Last edited by a moderator:
How new is your battery and has it sat for any period of time without a tender prior to using it to start your bike?

Please help. Changed plugs and fuel figured out that fuel is not getting thru to carbs. Is it okay to use air to clear lines? Or is there a better way?

Clean your fuel pump filtler and DIY backflush your own injectors like I have done with positive results. Heres a link for the how to>>>>>> stock 03 busa injectors clogged

Please help. Changed plugs and fuel figured out that fuel is not getting thru to carbs. Is it okay to use air to clear lines? Or is there a better way?

Did you buy a multimeter yet?
You can not fix your issue without it man.

ever figure it out? from the sounds if it, what's happening is a weak connection/broken wire (inside the insulation). you can have a connection that appears to be good and shows proper voltage while there is no amp draw. but when a load is placed on it, it can't "handle" the amp draw and will act like what your describing. hold this load long enough and it will eventually show itself by starting to smoke and melt at the bad location. this is not a recommended way of locating the issue. while I'm new to the busa myself, most starting systems had a switch with is a low current that feeds the coil side f a relay (a relay is just a powered switch). in a simple wiring setup, you would have a connection from the battery to the fuse block, to the relay high current feed then to the starter. when you hit the start switch it just energizes the coil in the relay to connect the battery power to the starter. it sounds like you issue is somewhere in this portion of the system. like your starter is demanding more current then a particular connection or wire is able I feed due to some kind of defect. I hope this is helpful if you haven't solved this issue yet

Back