2006 busa starting issues!

johnnybusa2006

Registered
Hello fellow memebers I am new to this site !
So far I have owned my hayabusa for over 5 years with absolutely no issues until now ( other then maintianece)
We'll last summer my fun was cut short by this problem here
The bike wouldn't start!
I have replaced the battery
The checked starter and it spins fine
The issues I that it will not crank over,
I turn on my bike and the lights headlights gauges all work, but as soon as I try to start it all the lights dim and looks like the battery is drained. As Sidon as I release the starter switch it's all bright again
Can anyone help figure what this is I'm kinda lost where to go next
Thanks!

You might have a drain or just be a troll, because the '06 Busa headlights don't dim during starting they go out completely by design. Have the new battery fully charged and load tested at the parts store. If the battery checks good, then start looking for a drain.

There's all kinds of reasons for your problem, from a bad motor, to a bike parked in subfreezing weather with syrup for oil. Oil ..... is there any showing in the sight glass. I could go on for days and I'm not an expert .........

Brand new battery started happening in the summer
Bike is in a somewhat heated garage
The starter motor was tested and was spinning fine
Going to see if the starter clutch is any good but the the bike only has 12000 miles
Oil level is good
Running out of ideas
Thanks for the input

Clean all your connections. Battery, cables, starter, starter solenoid. Take the cables off, use a wire brush on them and the mating surfaces and put them back together. I have had this happen before and it was just dirty/bad connections.

Yeah that was my first though traced all the wires and there wasn't any corrosion and just cleaned up the connections to the battery still no go :(

The connections do not need to be corroded to not get a good connection. I had one that didn't have any problems starting, drove it to the store and it would not start. Tried to jump it and nothing. The connections were tight, ended up just being a dirty connection. Pulled all the cables, cleaned the connections then it started right up.

How long has the bike been sitting? Can you pull the side cover off and turn it over by hand? Make sure it spins freely and the motor is not locked.

I've taken the side cover off already (brake side) I've taking the starter clutch cover off and I'm checking to see if the starter clutch is bad. I dont know how to start it by hand.
For some reason if I'm lucky it sometimes starts, and if I try to roll start it by clutch it starts.
Bik has sat since September and it's been started twice by luck.
I'm going to double check all my connections just in case I over looked something

If it is starting by roll starting. Then it sounds like you have a bad connection, a bad starter.

I know the starter is good because I did a test on it . I jumped the starter motor off the battery and it spins freely
I have yet to double check the connections as I'm stuck outta town for the weekend.. Could there be a possible drain in the system some where you think?

Not a pro here but I would do as others have said and clean all the connections between the starter and the battery. Wire brush them and I would also wipe on a bit of dialectic grease. I doubt that your starter is the issue but the fact that it spins freely may not indicate that there is nothing wrong with it.

Clean all the connections real good and I bet you will be all set.

Take it to a mechanic :dunno:

I don't know if the starter clutch would cause this, but since you can push start it I would be thinking weak starter motor, or connection issue. Not an expert.

It wouldn't be side stand switch. If it was it would not dim the lights. It would not do anything. Since it dims the lights it means it is pulling on the electrical system.

I had the same or similar problem a while back. Found it to be a faulty clutch switch. From the thread:

It turns out to be a faulty clutch switch, my buddy found it in less than two minutes after getting to my house!! I feel so stupid it was that simple, he jumped the two wires together and she started right up! He rigged it so I could start it until I can replace the switch. THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU GUYS/GALS ROCK!!!

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/101206-my-busa-will-not-start-ideas.html

Hello guys
Thanks you for all the input but unfortunately Iam unable to get to my bike at the moment
But by Wednesday night I will try all of these suggestions and hope for the best, on a side note I had to leave In a hurry and left my starter clutch housing open (took the case off and put a clean tag over top) my garage isnt very warm will it be okay I'm getting worried, hope rust doesn't build up with the exposed gears. :(
Thank you :bowdown:

Hello guys sorry it's been awhile but I still have my same problem
I've checked and found no corrosion on any lines
Batteries are new and charged the clutch switch is in good shape
I've tested the starter and in good shape only being 3 yrs old
I'm getting frustrated as there's a very nice week of riding and I'm stuck in a car instead
I've noticed that if it the bike sits for a few hours or overnight she does manager to start
So I'm lost.... Help!!!!!

Back