2003 ZX9R

Big Red

Donating Member
Registered
My Hayabusa and I unfortunately departed ways a few years ago during the big economic crunch.
I bought a used 2003 Kawasaki ZX9R from a friend and started planning modifications to it. The engine was disassembled cleaned and deburred. The crank was sent out to be lightened, polished and the journals chamfered and coated.
5mm over JE pistons diamond coated with APE tool steel wrist pins attach to Crower rods.
The head was ported and oversized intake and exhaust valves are opened with a set of Web Racing cams and APE adjustable sprockets.
A Muzzys header and muffler finish out the engine.
Titanium bolts mount the engine/transmission front and rear suspension and are used exclusively through out the bike.
Gale Speed wheels lighten up the bike and make it handle better along with a Traxxion Dynamics modified Penske Racing rear shock while Ohlins Springs and actuators bring up the front.
Galfer rotors, pads and lines help stop the bike along with synthetic DOT 4 brake fluid.
The transmission was given a road race cut by APE and rear sets by Gilles Racing do the shifting
20170320_141820.jpg

I had one new back then of coarse all stock and described it as "scary fast" with the associated grin, I can't even imagine what this beast will be like... very good job there, you sure do things right!
I thought it was very comfortable and I would buzz from central Fl to the Dragon and think nothing of an 800 mile day. (Okay maybe being 15 years younger had something to do with it).
Enjoy, it's a beauty.

Nice bike my friend has the same model and year bike but different color and is bone stock but get this its only got about 1500km on it the majority of its life is on a trickle charger what a shame I say :thumbsup:

Back