2003 limited edtion Hayabusa

janik416

Registered
I have a 2003 all black hayabusa limited edtion. I was reading that it is the Europe model and that only 140 were made. Is this true?

no way of telling unless you check the VIN. I do not think the 140 is accurate for the all black LE, though in the EU perhaps, definitely sounds low for US production.

oh yeah :welcome:

The black LE was not produced in the US in 03 as far as I know.. It was sold in Canada but not the US..

As far as numbers? Who knows? ??? It would be a great to find out REAL production numbers of the LE's and especially the 03 40th AE.. :bowdown: I wish I would have never sold mine.. :banghead: At least it went to a good home.. :thumbsup:

The black LE was not produced in the US in 03 as far as I know.. It was sold in Canada but not the US..

As far as numbers? Who knows? ??? It would be a great to find out REAL production numbers of the LE's and especially the 03 40th AE.. :bowdown: I wish I would have never sold mine.. :banghead: At least it went to a good home.. :thumbsup:

True..

attachment.php

here it is 03 on the title. I heard that it was only made in canada too. but like i said here it is. how would i check the vin.

here it is 03 on the title. I heard that it was only made in canada too. but like i said here it is. how would i check the vin.

So you live in the states? Original owner? speedo in mph not km? I'm on the road trucking right now but I was thinking that the build date is on the Vin tag on the left side of the frame, not sure though. As far as decoding the Vin # no clue to that at all..

Not to be the negative one here, but if your not the first owner it is possible the plastics where switched out...:whistle:

Not to be the negative one here, but if your not the first owner it is possible the plastics where switched out...:whistle:

That's why I asked all the above questions.. But he never answered any of them..

So I :dunno:

Didnt we already play the how many LE's are there game? My 06 is an "LE" now, wasnt born that way. A bit of paint on the frame and nobody would be the wiser. Just sayin...

Welcome to the .org and the bike is lookin good. I would take the vin to the dealer and have them run it for you or you could try to look it up on the internet. Good luck with the search.

I understand when people say that it could have painted or platics changed. Which i wouldnt understand because It would just be cheaper to paint it urself oem stupid expensive for original. To me its not life or death if it is or isnt i already repainted it. It would just be a fun fact to know!!!

Welcome very clean and nice looking bike.I always believe OEM paint is better and much more durable and valueable.

Back