2003 busa with cam chain noise

bruce_m

Registered
2003 with1500 miles. it started making a rattle at 900 miles and only seems to do it between 2200-3500 rpm. it is more noticeable when it's cold.the suzuki mechanic told me the 2003 has the new hydrolic assisted rachet type cam chain tensioner,and that it would get quieter after it rachets.my warranty is running out fast! does this sound right?is anybody else having this problem?

Change the oil and listen to the differences between the cold and warm engine sound. All the bike I've had made slightly different sound cold and warm and hot. Make sure you do not beat the S%!^ out of it stone cold, give is 2 or 3 minute with easy throttle before you slam it open

firedevil.gif

I seem to have a similar problem. My 2003 K3, has a noisey top end for about 30 seconds after start up...then back to normal. It sounds like it's the followers or someting in that area..I'm about to take it back to my dealer...but you guys reckon its normal?
rock.gif

i was told the same thing by the dealer i hear it sometimes after a high speed run down the highway and they say its because the oil we have to run is really
thin i say whatever .???
rock.gif

Mine does it too.
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|BA BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1090791333 -->

Back