2002 rough idle

crazyrick

Registered
I kttnow there are lots of threads but I have tried everything but the thing that will fix it.I have a Tre on it that's it,it is stock,did tps,plugs,got injectors cleaned,new filter,I have a external fuel pump and regulator,cleaned fuel filter,any help

I was working on it today noticed #4 header pipe wasn't as hot as the other pipes so I took out the plug and grounded it turned the engine over and it has spark,is there a way to check injectors without removing them?

I believe you would have to check the ohms. I would also check to see if your getting fire from the harness to injector.

Would be nice if you had a stethoscope to listen to the injectors they make a distinct noise When they are working. It sound like a "ping" when you listen. You can also swap the injectors around to different places to see if the misfire moves with them. Or you can disconnect them one at a time to see if a misfire occurs when they are disconnected.

How many miles are on her? I have seen the TB sync so far off that a bike will barely idle; might also be something to check to see if they are all close or if one cyclinder is way off?

I have 60k did a compression test all within 5 lbs,the dam thing runs great hot . I did a check for vaccum leaks found none and I disconnected the Tre no change do you think I am fighting bad gas

Back