$2000 to spend on the busa!

Shindo97

Registered
So i am not new to bikes, and riding. Otherwise i wouldnt own one of these fine machines....however i am very new to modding bikes.

It took me years to learn what was good and what path to take with my 97 Supra to get it to 800 reliable HP.

I dont want to wait that long for the busa. I hope some of you can help..

I want a Full System Exhaust.... either a Dual Set that runs under the seat ( like Pipe fighters HMF's) I do not want something obnoxiously loud though like the D&D's. Also i was thinking of going with a Single Sytem Yoshi.

NOW thats all i know...what the hell else do i do? Do i need to retune the ecu using a PCIII power commander thingie? I dont even know what it is.

I DO NOT WANT TO CUT CORNERS. A full system exhaust, and whatever components that should go with that. Not interested in looks yet. jsut power. I only want to do a mild first pass power, then get use to it.

I do however, want to Turbo the bike with a nice "street" lower end turbo system. Thats later though. I know i will have to replace some stuff i do now and thats fine.

Thanks All who can help

BDE Gen3 Streetsmart system, PC3R power commander, pair removal kit, dyno tune with a good tuner. 43 tooth steel sprocket on the back with a DID zvm x-ring chain or equivalent, stainless brake and clutch lines. Just blew through your $2000 for you.....

<!--EDIT|moondog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102436664 -->

oh, by the way.....Johnny Cheese is damn near on top of you...look him up. He would be the tuner of choice in your neck of the woods.

BDE Gen3 Streetsmart system, PC3R power commander, pair removal kit, dyno tune with a good tuner. 43 tooth steel sprocket on the back with a DID zvm x-ring chain or equivalent, stainless brake and clutch lines. Just blew through your $2000 for you.....
laugh.gif
, That's funny

That's what I'd do, but probably go with a 42T rear.

Yep, full exhaust requires a power commander, If you plan on changing sprockets go with 16/42, plenty of low end power. If you are planning on getting a turbo, why get all the other stuff? That is the problem I am having right now. I will be getting a turbo soon, so all the old stuff has got to go; why spend a $1000 for exhaust only to replace shortly after with turbo. I say skip it all and boost. But who am I to spend your money.
tounge.gif

You are next to Johnny. Have him tune your bike. ASK HIM WHAT SYSTEM HEADER PIPES AND CANS YOU SHULD USE or he has in stock. he will be more then fair with you. Most of it is in the tune..

...man... it's almost like you've answered theis question before...

I concur with Moondog on this one... sounds like an excellent use of $2K.

Good luck and post pics!

I would continue to save and do one of these...Either a Carpenter kit 210hp or a entry level turbo 250hp...I know what you said about starting off slowly but your wasting money period...I've been there and done exactly what your talking about and believe me if I had listened or had someone to listen to I'ld still have a couple of K's to blow...Don't double your effort...Go with a kit or boost from the start...Johnnycheese can hook you up with either one...
evil.gif

What every one else has said and then some. DEFINITELY check out Johnnycheese. I brought my bike 4hrs to him in Austin from Louisiana. He's good and very fair in my opinion. When I do my turbo next year, it's going straight to him.

Hey moondog, what about the TRE?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

I third the Johnny Cheese hook-up. Drop him a PM or give him a call. He can help you spend your money appropriately!

ok so where is Johnny, what is his companies name? He is in austin right?

Like i said i am a newbie to modding the Busa, and so i do not even know who this person is. sounds awesome, and from what i can tell he'll be getting my business. I would really like to start off with that 200 HP kit, or just boost, with a small turbo running lower boost.

Sounds fun.

Man there is a lot i need to learn...

MAN Shindo! FUG ALL THAT! Take your money, buy yourself a weekend at Track School. Keith Code, or Reg Pridmore, Learn to how to use what ya got! Don't go throwing money away on Mods and power that you cannot use on the street. Whats the point? You won't be going any faster, you still won't know how to get the last 1/10th outta the Busa. Wait till you really got the thing mastered, until your running 9.8's or so in the 1320 on a regular basis. THEN, spend some time on money on mods when it might actually help you go faster.

Not being a ####, just being real for a minute. Everyone throws a couple of grand at their Busa, in an attempt to get MORE power that they cannot use, or can rarely gain access to on the street cause it all lives up top. Hell I am willing to be that a sizable number of folks out there have never actually pinned the Throttle to the stop in the first few gears. Think about it, all the way to the stop... How often do you do that on the Busa? Not picking on you SHINDO I am speaking in general. I know I wasn't doing it much at all, ALL THE WAY TO STOP but it wasn't on purpose, it just wasn't happening. I found I have to consciously twist that thing all the way open. Just tucking and rolling doesn't put my wrist in a position to open her all the way, you have to kinda roll up on your throttle hand a little bit so when you drop you can pin it FWO without adjusting.

In the end, your looking at spending $2k or so on about 12-15 HP?
rock.gif
Whats the point? I mean it's obvious you got some power issues,
biggrin.gif
and if it's just for looks and giggles that's cool... Throw on a full system and slap a Carpenter Racing Motors sticker on your Bike. Your Done...
thumbs-up.gif
Then go to a couple of track schools and actually make yourself faster because just like 99% of us out here on Busa's. Your Bike isn't the limiting factor, the rider is. (Not YOU personally) I mean in general.

Look at it like this. A real good rider on a stock Busa Runs a 9.88 1/4. Lower that busa and change the gearing the same GOOD rider rides that thing to like 9.42 in the 1/4. These are much faster times than most folks here on the boards with Turbo's, Nitrous, Lowered, extended, Blah Blah.... You get the idea. Nothing worse than a heavily modified Busa under an under qualified rider.

So that's my .02 Not TRYING TO BE A FUGGER. NOT SAYING "I AM BETTER THAN YOU OR ANYONE ELSE" (I am riding a stock Busa you'll notice)
smile.gif
What I am saying, is that mastering the power you have now will pay much bigger dividends out on the streets and the track than just throwing more money at an innocent busa.
wink.gif

No tre needed with PC3r, can do it all. I'm kind of with Rev on this one. I looked hard at the Carpenter set ups and talked to a few people that had gone with the 200 HP mod. For the riding I do, I'm afraid it would move the power band around too much. Lots of mid and high end gains, some felt they paid for these gains on the low end. If I was a drag racer, I would do it but most of my foolishness is done low and mid range. The mods I mentioned just "tune and smooth" the busa adding just a bit of very usable power. Before you go turbo, talk to the turbo boys at length. For some, it made a otherwise wonderful bike scary as sh**t. However, you may fall into the "luv scary things" catagory.....
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

Yah now If I were just fuggin around and spending some money... The one thing I would like to do is Bolt up a Really sweet looking turbo, all polished and chromed under them plastics, get my pop off valve going and run all of about 1-2 lbs of boost. Hell you don't need to be fast if you got the Turbo noise going...
smile.gif
I'd be doing just for that noise... Dump pipes and POP off valve... PSHEEE PSHEEEE He he, they do sound cool...

Gentleman...i have a 800 hp car for no reason...jsut to get on it...i do have power issues....

BUT its a bit differenet with the busa. i dont want to die...hahahah....ok so basically i deciced i do NOT want to Trubo charge the bike...I think i i want the look of the HMF dual underseat exhaust, with a nice undertail.. I dont like the stock cans... So i will do a nice ful exhaust with tuning, and power commander, and sprocket like metioned...Just to give me a little ummph. Make the bike sound a little different and a tad quicker. These toys are my hobby and so to me its not a waste of money...fortunately yhr Video game industry pays well enough to have such toys, and tinker with them.

This has been a great post and REV you made some GREAT SENSE TO ME. Great input. You are very right with almost everything you said. I jsut want to personbalize my bike a bit. So that its not jsut a stock bike you know? Besides my Busa grips and cool ass tank pad, ots no different than the next Busa freaks 04 Lim ed bike.

I would still like anyone to chime in if they feel the 2K can be better spent on other mods. thanks all.

I decided that when SUZ ever discontinues the busa, i will buy 2 of them in that year...ONe to turbo and make a show bike...the other to enjoy in its final glory.

Back