2000 busa wont start from switchI

impaladre

Registered
I've got a 2000 hayabusa that I just put an 06 motor in.... everything is going back stock... just working my way around to getting it running ... Gushes lighting up and everything I put the kickstand up put it in neutral and it wont do anything at all when I hit the start button ... but it will turn over if I jump it from the starter... can someone help me out?

Did you make any changes besides just putting an 06 motor into a 00 frame and wiring harness?
If not, that's your problem. You need the 00 stator and electrical parts put on the 06 engine.

Only electrical thats not from the 00 is the coil pack it's from the 06 does that matter? Used the stator and wiring harness from the 00

Only electrical part i used on the 06 engine is the coil packs on top of each spark plug, i used the 00 stator and wiring harness. Checked the sidestand switch for continuity and its good, but where is the sidestand switch relay and how do i check it? Busa only tries to start when i jump it from the two main connectors on the starter relay, could it be the relay itself?

or an 06 stator, ecu and wiring harness will work as well. The point being that the electrical/ignition system needs to be all 2000 or all 2006. You can't mix them.

Thanks guys i got it started, the clutch switch was removed all i did was twist the wires together and it fired right up no problem, now i just have to wire a switch in

Back