My bike wont start up

Ericwms12

Registered
Ok, this my problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated...
While I was changing out my stock exhaust over to a after market exhaust i had the tank layed to the side while doing so I also put in a new battery and after hooking the battery up I hit the starter button without the gas tank on the bike. The starter motor engaged, but of course at this moment there's no gas tank. So later, after finishing installing the exhaust and with everything now hooked up including the gas tank and battery I hit the starter button and hear nothing...total silence. The fuel pump is not priming, the starter wont even click. Cluster lights up, turn signals work, but that's all I'm getting. Just to be safe I put another new battery in thinking it was the 1st new battery I bought. It's not. Sounds familiar to anyone??

Bike in neutral, stand down, fuel switch in on position, clutch pulled in, key on try to start. Might sound stupid but make you all these things are in order. There’s not really a whole lot you can fubar just swapping an exhaust

Bike in neutral, stand down, fuel switch in on position, clutch pulled in, key on try to start. Might sound stupid but make you all these things are in order. There’s not really a whole lot you can fubar just swapping an exhaust
Did all that, several different times. I was thinking the exact same thing you are. This has gotten me scratching my head on thos one.

basic question gen 1 or 2 ?

if i remember correctly there are at gen1 two plugs under the tank wich look same and fit in the wrong way.

in the end you will have forgotten any plug or inserted it incorrectly.

other idea:
did you do any other work at same time?

i ask because for changing the exhaust alone i think there is no need to put the tank off the bike.

Back