2000 busa Starter clutch

Dutch893

Registered
OK I am new to this website but I need desperate help I have this 2000 bussa I had a problem with the starter clutch I wand up replacing it with a centric eBay starter clutch The only problem is after replacing at the bike ran like krapp I noticed that the original OEM starter clutch had markings on the top of the casing whereas the new one did not have any markings Is there supposed to be a way to set the position timing for the crank starter clutch?

Timing marks

20180616_070927.jpg

HUH?
Starter Clutch has ZERO to do with how it runs.
UNLESS the starter clutch was set wrong and some one had the cams out AFTER the clutch was replaced
and went by the marks to reinstall can you say degree wheel?

jepp @202mphbusa

the only mark one need is for the timing of the cams
and if the clutch is mounted wrong
and
after that fiddeling the cams came out 4 valve play / changing shims eg.
and would be installed back with a wrong set mark at the clutch the bike won´t run anymore nice.

the cam timing is totally wrong then .

but the heck in the manual all this is best described , so faults should be impossible
if the owner ha the manual .

I’ve about had it with this Busa crap. I got a new starter clutch and installed it. Went to put on the cover and before doing so made sure thee clutch a sprocket moved freely. Started tightening the bolts and checked again and it will not turn on. Does it supposed to not move when I place the bottom cap on? Don’t want to eat the teeth on my new starter

I’ve about had it with this Busa crap. I got a new starter clutch and installed it. Went to put on the cover and before doing so made sure thee clutch a sprocket moved freely. Started tightening the bolts and checked again and it will not turn on. Does it supposed to not move when I place the bottom cap on? Don’t want to eat the teeth on my new starter
Starter clutches only rotate one way, did you rotate it ( or try) to rotate it both ways? or just one? as it might have been the wrong way, I recently changed my starter clutch, and it only rotated one way and didnt the other.

Back