Starter Clutch Cover leak

Dudley

Registered
I'm having trouble getting my starter clutch cover to seal. I replaced the gasket (11491-24F01) after noticing a leak but still the leak persists. I've also got a leak from the oil galley plug (the crush washer is on back order) just below and forward of the starter clutch cover. Anyone else having problems with these areas? Any cures or suggestions?

thanks!
tounge.gif

At the lower and engine crankcase butt joint. Some silicon rubber gasket sealer is used +/- 3/4" on the joint on the engine side of the gasket.
You'll see old silicon sealer or see the end of the butt joint to put the new sealer on.
The inspection bolts on the starter cover. If their leaking can use some teflon tape on the threads.
To really stop the leak use silicon gasket sealer on all engine side surfaces of the gasket. Careful to use right amount. Enough that when squished covers the surfaces. Keep excessive sealant to minimum. To clean the surface before applying the silicon. Clean with a damped paper towel of aceton or other grease cutting solvent. Aceton dries very quick it's easy to use.

Back