2000 Busa ignition fault

marauderstyle

Registered
I laid my bike down in 2016 about 6 months before moving to Dallas. When i moved i put it and most of my stuff in storage back home planning not to bring it down until i bought a house. fast forward to now ive decided i needed a new project so i brought it down and started putting it back together. I order all the parts and start stripping, cleaning and replacing parts. since the rear fairing and seat support was broken and in pieces coupled with the fact i missed placed the key. I decided to order new ignition, gas cap and rear release set of ebay. Apparently not a good idea, after getting it ready to put the fairings back on i made the smart decision to check and see how it runs first. Crank no start, i pull plugs, check coils and injectors. no spark no fuel. i find out to run dealer fault in the factory manual and find c42. after a few more days of research and attempting to get help from the seller of the ignition i come across you guys. i'd prefer not to modify the ignition with some bypasses i found online. anyone have any suggestions before i waste money at to try and order an oem ignition set? i know yall dont help with this issue publicly because of theft, if anyone has a solution pm me and i will provide pic of title and vin plate. Thanks in advance

haya.png

ign.jpg

:welcome: to the Org. Right to yer prob.
When you turn the key I see you get the required lights,but do the gauges sweep and do your hear the fuel pump come to life? (prime)
Also,whats the standing voltage of the battery?
We'll start there. Also the regular stuff we all forget.
clutch in
in neutral if on side stand
kill switch set to run

Great site,you will love it.
Rubb.

Thanks for the welcome. I do get gauge sweep, and pretty sure I remember pump priming. It cranks so I and checked all the standard cutoff sensors tilt stand clutch. new lithium battery 13.2 volt, new kick stand and switch, it is set to run. I’ve check for continuity from connector to ecu on O/Y wire and traced most of the harness not finding any breaks.

Do you have spark?
As mentioned look towards what was changed from running condition to now. C42 points exactly at the new ignition switch. The starting circuit will allow the motor to spin but the switches you mentioned and understand do cut spark. If you have a Busa Brother near by,I would try swapping in his known working ignition.
Rubb.

Back