Ignition problem?

NorthernViking

Registered
Hey guys! I am having some trouble with my 99' Busa. Absolutely nothing happens when i turn the ignition on. A feew weeks ago the bike fell over on the left side, the kickstand must have slipped over the night. When I came home from work, i found the bike on the side, i lifted the bike up. A few hours later i decided to take it for a ride, turned the ignition on and started the bike. It ran for maybe 10 seconds and it turned off, completely, i turned the ignition on and off several times and nothing happened.
The bike has a new battery, starter relay, fuses and rectifier/regulator. And still, it's dead.. Nothing happens when i turn the ignition on. Could it be a damaged wire?

Please excuse my english, it's not my language.

My bike is the same issue as NortherViking. Though my bike stopped running, as I was riding.

First speed gauge went haywire; then tach, fuel, and temp. Then bike completely shut down.

Now, when I turn the key, nothing. Absolutely nothing !

Luckily, I was only a few blocks from home. So I pushed the bike home. Before I did, my wife brought me tools to take seat off to check battery and connections, they were all good. My new gel battery has a digital display for voltage, it's at 12.98 volts.

The gauges are still all out of whack, even when I disconnected the battery.

My bike also have new rectifier, battery and stator coil.

In the morning I check fuses and tip over sensor. Hope it’s a quick and easy fix.

My bike is the same issue as NortherViking. Though my bike stopped running, as I was riding.

First speed gauge went haywire; then tach, fuel, and temp. Then bike completely shut down.

Now, when I turn the key, nothing. Absolutely nothing !

Luckily, I was only a few blocks from home. So I pushed the bike home. Before I did, my wife brought me tools to take seat off to check battery and connections, they were all good. My new gel battery has a digital display for voltage, it's at 12.98 volts.

The gauges are still all out of whack, even when I disconnected the battery.

My bike also have new rectifier, battery and stator coil.

In the morning I check fuses and tip over sensor. Hope it’s a quick and easy fix.
I hope it's a easy fix for you! Please let me know if you get it running again :). I just ordered a new tip over sensor.

@NorthernViking

have a short look ;) at this posting
sidestand and its best use | Busa Mods
following my steps your busa shouldn´t fall over again.

you wrote : "... and nothing happened " - what does this exactly mean?
- does the pump make noise or not when turning the key? if not i woluld check fuses first.
- does the speedo then make its selftest? fuses?
- emergency switch on or off? (don´t laugh, i myself - i guess like hundreds of others too - had several times, that i forgot this damn switch)
- clutch lever bent and by this the clutch switch fails?
- side stand switch "broken" ?

Back