200 busa won't start wont turn over

TGFlash53

Registered
Heelo all. Im trying to help a friend with a bike he just purchased for his lady. he said the bike was running and then just died. the gauges come on but nothing happens and I dont hear the fuel pump either. fuses are good. I replaced the starter relay and also the rectifier, even tried another ecu. the power commander doesn't even come on.
2000 model year

Sounds suspiciously like a battery have you checked that? The contacts on the battery terminals have to be almost surgically clean.

I'd imagine the PC and fuel pump aren't on the same power circuit so a fuse shouldn't affect both. Perhaps disconnect the PC and check (I suspect there will be no change).

That model year is known for fuelling issues, if this hasn't already been addressed, it might be high time to do so.

Electrical, especially in a bike this old can be a night mare.

Is the bike in gear? If the fuel pump isn't priming it's gonna be the kill switch, clutch safety switch, kickstand safety switch or tip over switch. Check that the kill switch is in the run position, and that the bike is in neutral.

Is the bike in gear? If the fuel pump isn't priming it's gonna be the kill switch, clutch safety switch, kickstand safety switch or tip over switch. Check that the kill switch is in the run position, and that the bike is in neutral.
Good point, normally I state the obvious, glad you did.

Good point, normally I state the obvious, glad you did.
Fueling won't be the issue...yet.:D It's not turning over. I'd start with kill.The clutch switch should be taken out of the equation problem if its in neutral.Then clutch switch.Then again all this typing might be for naught...if they found the prob...might be gone as a member. A battery check for high enough voltage could be done,but usually a weak battery still turns a motor over,just slow. The gauges flic over so it has some juice. Rubb.

Fueling won't be the issue...yet.:D It's not turning over. I'd start with kill.The clutch switch should be taken out of the equation problem if its in neutral.Then clutch switch.Then again all this typing might be for naught...if they found the prob...might be gone as a member. A battery check for high enough voltage could be done,but usually a weak battery still turns a motor over,just slow. The gauges flic over so it has some juice. Rubb.

I was thinking as he couldn't hear the fuel pump priming but yes if it isn't turning over at all, it won't be the fuelling...yet.....:thumbsup:

I know with my bike, if the battery isn't 100% it will move gauges but nothing happens when the starter button is pushed-even with the clutch pulled in.

@Mr Brown most likely hit the problem with his post. Fingers crossed it gets sorted.

I was thinking as he couldn't hear the fuel pump priming but yes if it isn't turning over at all, it won't be the fuelling...yet.....:thumbsup:

I know with my bike, if the battery isn't 100% it will move gauges but nothing happens when the starter button is pushed-even with the clutch pulled in.

@Mr Brown most likely hit the problem with his post. Fingers crossed it gets sorted.
I would say touchdown...crowd goes wild. :thumbsup:
One thing about this place is there is always enuff cooks in the kitchen and we rarely spoil the soup. :laugh:
Rubb.

I would say touchdown...crowd goes wild. :thumbsup:
One thing about this place is there is always enuff cooks in the kitchen and we rarely spoil the soup. :laugh:
Rubb.
Yup, hopefully this gets resolved and another Hayabusa is brought back to life...

The owner better be joining this forum.....

Yup, hopefully this gets resolved and another Hayabusa is brought back to life...

The owner better be joining this forum.....
Sometimes they join up,get their Busa fixed and split. Kind of irksome[real word by the way] :D
Sometimes they join up,and hang around for 15-20 years just posting krap...
like that Red guy....

or me. Rubb.

Sometimes they join up,get their Busa fixed and split. Kind of irksome[real word by the way] :D
Sometimes they join up,and hang around for 15-20 years just posting krap...
like that Red guy....View attachment 1617438

or me. Rubb.
There seems to be more and more people coming on board, getting info and leaving these days. No introduction, just fix my bike and see ya....

To be fair, this guy may be so embarrassed he bought a stator, rectifier and possibly an ECU when all he needed to do was flick a switch, that he won't be back...
Flick a switch or pull the clutch...DOH! :banghead:
You funny Mr.Brown.:thumbsup:
Rubb.

There seems to be more and more people coming on board, getting info and leaving these days. No introduction, just fix my bike and see ya...
Life moves fast,especially on a Hayabusa. I guess some just can't be bothered with all the intro stuff. We are a fairly easy going bunch,eager to help out and sometimes I guess get taken advantage of if folks see it that way. Me...meh.. dont really care one way or another. I don't know who came up with the idea that a big intro was protocol for the Org.I don't think I did back in 2003 but if I did it prolly whent something like this...
"Names RSD...fug you." Something like that. :laugh:
Rubb.

Life moves fast,especially on a Hayabusa. I guess some just can't be bothered with all the intro stuff. We are a fairly easy going bunch,eager to help out and sometimes I guess get taken advantage of if folks see it that way. Me...meh.. dont really care one way or another. I don't know who came up with the idea that a big intro was protocol for the Org.I don't think I did back in 2003 but if I did it prolly whent something like this...
Rubb.
We are a much more refined bunch than we were back then. We've clearly still got work to do with you however......:moon:

Rubb.

I figure if someone makes the effort to join this forum, doing a simple thing like an introduction goes a long way to us making the effort to help.

Back