Bike wont crank wont start.

1320RedBusa

Registered
Im trying to help out a friend with his bike. 2012 Hayabusa that he laid down. Only thing that seems to be missing is the turn signal flasher relay.. However we're having the following issues

Bike won't crank
Bike wont start
Fuel pump wont prime
Gear indicator not reading gears
Neutral green light doesn't come on.
Cluster reads CHEC (Check)

Bike shifts through the gears fine and rear wheel spins freely when in neutral. Tried to even jump the service connector to see if it will read anything but no help.. Checked all the fuses and they all are good.

Anyone has any idea what could be the issue?
12C107E1-EDE2-45E6-ADE0-3E61108F203A.jpg

420FF5D5-E551-4FA6-932E-9258623F8A40.jpg

If it is anything like the Gen 1 the relay controls more than just the turn signals. If I remember correctly it controls the neutral safety switch and possibly the kickstand switch.

If it is anything like the Gen 1 the relay controls more than just the turn signals. If I remember correctly it controls the neutral safety switch and possibly the kickstand switch.

Hmm interesting.. Well I had to order one anyway so when it comes I'll check that...

Any other possibilities?

I know that 3 of the things that you listed are all controlled by that relay. I would almost bet that the relay is the only problem...at least with the neutral light, gear position and fuel pump. So I would install the relay and then see what happens.

I know that 3 of the things that you listed are all controlled by that relay. I would almost bet that the relay is the only problem...at least with the neutral light, gear position and fuel pump. So I would install the relay and then see what happens.

Well that's great news. I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that. I'll let him know and wait till it gets here to try it out. Thanks again sir.

Anytime... It is kind of what we do around here... help others (at least attempt it anyway). Let us know if it fixes everything or if you still have problems.

OP, download the free service manual for the bike. It's more than likely the relay. If you replace the relay and still have the same issue start checking the interlocks like the tip over switch.

Back