200-240 RWHP

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
I am debating on a couple options right now.

1. Wait for the 2007 model and Trade in my 2005

2. Keep my 2005 and begin the mod process for power and looks.

If I decide to keep the 05 I was looking to take it up to around 200-240 horsepower. Whatever route I take I need the power delivery to be smooth and controlled. In other words something that can see dual usage as a fast sport touring bike and occasional weekend warrior at the drag strip. Another concern would be front end lift. I am not into riding wheelies, I would much rather be able to put the power to the ground and keep the front wheel planted while doing so.

The way I see it, I have a few options.

1. 1397 big bore kit

2. Turbo System

I was looking at the turbo systems from Total Kaos performance. Their stage one system would provide the extra power I am looking for, however, I am still not convinced this is the way to go.

Any opinions and suggestions would be very helpful.

My needs:

1. 200-240 HP
2. Streetable, ride all day reliability.
3. Smooth power delivery

What I don't want:

1. A wheelie monster.
2. Something that will be repaired more than ridden.
3. No overheating in traffic on hot summer days.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and opinions.

If you keep the stock wheelbase, you can't help it being a wheelie monster with that much HP.
If you don't mind losing a little in the twisties, think about streching the swingarm 4-6 inches.

Turbo
biggrin.gif

Velocity stage 1 kit with 2 stage boost controller and a 4lb spring in the gate. Controllable power, and if you dont tinker, reliable power too.
0-4 inch swingarm and you have the best of both worlds.
I ran mine all over the Gap set at 4" and had a blast.

how much handling is lost by moving to the extended swing arm?

ghetto or velocity kit. will give you plenty of hp.

If you get that much power couldn't you change your sprockets to gain more highway speed and cut the off the line some to help with the wheelie problem?

If you are going to go turbo, get one from Dennis over at suzukihayabusa.org, customer service and product waranty is second to none. He's a bit of a hard a$$ but knows what he's doing.

If you are going to go turbo, get one from Dennis over at suzukihayabusa.org, customer service and product waranty is second to none. He's a bit of a hard a$$ but knows what he's doing.
I've spoken with Dennis on numerous occasions on the phone,I never got that impression,I thought he was always nice,well informed.I just based my decision on whats dominating the race scene at the track.There were some more factors involved,but none had to do with Dennis,he's a cool guy,and a fellow dog lover!

High Ranger, that is not a bad idea. I wonder if the increase torque load would put too much stress on the chain or tranny?

High Ranger, that is not a bad idea. I wonder if the increase torque load would put too much stress on the chain or tranny?
You would have to def step up to a racing style chain and most aftermarket sprockets are stronger than stock anyhow. I think it would be the best balance for your needs. BTW, I would go turbo before I went big bore. Just my preference.

<!--EDIT|High Ranger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136784927 -->

I've spoken with Dennis on numerous occasions on the phone,I never got that impression,I thought he was always nice,well informed.I just based my decision on whats dominating the race scene at the track.There were some more factors involved,but none had to do with Dennis,he's a cool guy,and a fellow dog lover!
I think you took that the wrong way.

it sounds like your goals and mine are the same,every part that i have chosen,the emphisis was on every day street use,i think i have a few fairly well rounded,street bikes

the busa,pc3r,bmc,small box,yosh pipe (fairly cheap,quiet,broad torque curve,and if tuned correctly no slouch on top) n2o setup, btc moto electronics box,set for 2nd gear activation,2 dial (50 % 2.5 sec build time) warm weather 2 .026 jets,cool weather 2 .024 jets,dyno tune bottle heater and digital pressure gauge,spencer cycle (mps) co2 shifter,mcintosh + 1.75 inch arm,chosen for a few reasons,didn't want to kill the handling,about as far as you can go with the stock fender,and most won't notice it,stock r/h,ek zzz chain,18-43 gearing,a few other things,m/h slave support,raptor shift light,lines and pads have been added,but the brakes are barely adequite,not the fastest by far,and no match for boost,but a joy to ride

as i previewed this post,it looked very self serving to me,not my intent at all,it was meant to be a recipe of parts that seem to work well together,and it took forever for me to type it,so i didn't want to throw it away
laugh.gif

Thanks for the input Chevelle. Have you had your bike on the dyno with that set up?

Well face facts, $4$ the Ghetto kit absolutely destroys the velocity stage one kit on the wastegate alone.

Just wondering how someone planned to add a 4lbs spring to the stage one kit anyway? (they're an internal wastegate last I checked)

Back